[Part2] ⤀ 31] The Rise of Ezra

Start from the beginning

One cold splash on my cheek – and another tear – directly into my eye from Eros'.

My gaze is now entirely focusing on Ezra, looking at me from playing in my long hair.

My baby – who gasps when I look at him – then he smiles, and looks at Eros for his approval.

"She's mine too you know," Eros growls at him, "Flip – unhand her hair."

A cry of protest as Ezra jerks on it even harder – and I wince, but I love it.

I reach over a weak arm and I scoop up Ezra to my chest, my hair still in his hand. My muscles will not allow it but my love does.

I hold him to me, and Eros rolls back, pulling me into his side so easily as if he's done it thousands of times already.

"Tell me everything," I whisper over Ezra's head, while Eros holds me gently.

"You should of died – but Ezra is a healer – and even as small as a prawn inside you, he healed you from the inside, including himself," Eros whispers over my head, totally in love with our son, as am I, "You were gone in your mind, I don't know why, Lily."

"Ezra was healing my mind too," I conclude, "There was just more work there, than a physical wound. I am so happy."

"I am King – Ezili run the Island," Eros admits, "I don't leave this room – Blade, Bellus and Nereus help instruct – while your sisters are alive and they have children too. Ezra saved his cousins, my belief – he is so extremely powerful. Your prophecy – a sweet mermaid, a hero. He is so sweet, my darling. The sweetest little boy. Our Flip."

"He has his father's eyes," I whisper.

"And he has your soul, my sweet – and I see you now," Eros puts his cheek gently to mine, "...I ruined you for a time... for silly fun... but Ezra taught me better than that..."

"So..." I whisper, "Ezra – sweet little Flip. Is Eros a good father?"

My baby is asleep against me – falling under to the sound of my voice.

"Sweetest," Eros drawls to me – but does not growl, "...I think I am in love with you..."

"You do not think," I whisper, on impulse.

"Do you love m–?" Eros growls but I cut him off with my quick answer.

"I love you."

"Thank you," Eros's pride blooms.

"I was talking to Ezra, you stupid shark," I whisper over my shoulder, even while I press my lips to Eros' to try and keep him quiet before he can respond.

I get drowned quickly in his reply with his mouth – commanding mine, and pushing me back into the bed, while he holds my neck, and squeezes slightly.

I wait for it.

As Eros pulls off my lips and looks into my eyes, his own eyes flaming with desire.

I wait for the insult.

You stupid fish.

"You're so fucking beautiful," Eros snarls over me, impulsively loud.

I grin but not because of Eros – but because Ezra is now awake again, his eyes rolled up on mine, stealing my gaze down from Eros as I avoid his lips to press mine to Ezra's head.

"Oh, Flip, you beautiful handsome boy," I shower him with kisses – while Eros pulls back, genuinely offended.

"But I called you beautiful–" he tries to explain himself.

"The most beautiful boy in all the seas," I look straight into Ezra's eyes, "Ezra. Prince of Ezili."

Eros rolls onto his back, and places his hands behind his head.

He says nothing, tight lipped, while I look over, and Ezra snuggles into my neck, reaching for more hair.

"Don't cry, Eros," I try not to laugh at his sour look.

"Stupid fish, no one is as handsome as me," Eros hisses, "A song to farewell my ego... listen. I found a lady by the sea... she said oh no, please don't eat me... I gave her lessons and lessons and lessons in love... she had our baby and now flip the pup – replaces my beauty... the sweetness of me... and I... am left lonely... alone and left to die," Eros turns to me, fear in his eyes, "Do you love me – the King cried."

In all the Deep, I had never heard anything more pathetic than that.

"Yes," I force on a smile, "Go get me some food – I'm very hungry. I feel like tuna."

"Yes... Queen – tuna it shall be," Eros gulps and looks down, "Ezra – don't steal her heart from me," Eros growls low as he slips from the bed and stands, eyeing his son with both tender love and absolute terror.

Eros, scared of his baby.

I watch the monster walk from the room, every step painful, his shoulders drooping.

"You spelled him into a sweet Merka," I whisper over Ezra's head, "Well done. We did it –" I am trying to be sweet but... Ezra starts to scream almost immediately after Eros leaves the room.

I am in shock, until Eros returns, a smug grin on his face.

"Ezra considers me the primary parent," Eros rushes over, lunging onto the bed, scooping up our son and flinging him into a satchel across his back – practically plonking him in, perfectly.

Ezra laughs from behind Eros, as Eros kneels above me, knee either side of my frail self – yet to rise from the bed.

"Welcome back, my Queen – make yourself at home," Eros dips down and steals a quick bite to my neck.

Yep.

Making me cum and scream hoarsely at the same time.

Ezra is laughing louder, having no idea what's happening, perhaps assuming I am being tickled to death, as Eros then rolls off, smug as can be, leaving me paralysed with pleasure and pain, "Do not forget, Flip," Eros drawls low, on his way out, "The Queen has her weaknesses – and I know all of them."

Eros leaves for tuna with Ezra.

And I am left.

Alone – for a mere moment.

However, it is quite possibly the first moment alone – to the happiest ending of my life.

Now, I would raise Ezra.

He saved my life – proving to me I was worthy of a life and love.

All of me.

For Ezra.

The Sweetest Flip in the Sea.

*•.¸♡ - ♡¸.•*

Thank you for reading to the end of The Mermaid That's Sweetest ! If you'd like to leave a rating/review head on over to my inkitt . com / csw1995 there is also a link to my Inkitt profile via my Wattpad bio.

Book 3 is called The Nymph That's Dearest and it's complete at 20 chapters, it's available to read on my Wattpad and Inkitt.