[Part2] ⤀ 18] Dating the Princess of Death

[Part2] 18] Dating the Princess of Death

I sleep on my little sand bank, in the middle of the ocean, until first sun rise. I cried myself to sleep that night, knowing Eros and I would always most certainly have a turbulent future; forever until the end of time.

And now he had another lover. A 'fuck' buddy in Blade.

I didn't understand it, yet I did entirely at the same time. For his nature, at least. Of course Eros would provoke me like that, while satisfying himself with a 'hobby' in the meantime.

However, I couldn't dwell on it forever.

When I wake up at dawn, I take a look at the fading stars to help find my way back to Belle Island. It was a part of my training as a Sentinel, learning to read maps in the sky.

I learnt most of it myself, while training and reading alone.

I wonder briefly, before my return to the Island, if I've made the mistake of taking my journey solo. I've been tricked by Halina and while the rest of the Darvs were making friends, I was isolated.

I have a new goal in mind, get back to the Island, and perhaps socialise.

The only other option was to bleed into the Deep for Eros and request his presence back into my life. I wanted him around but... not in the way he desired our dynamic. I wanted Eros to work for me, not the other way around.

It was always him on top and me at the bottom, just like the natural order of things.

At least I could always control my own actions. Which is what I do now. I look after me.

I slip my way into the water, and I return to my duty.

****

Halina was once again the crowned warrior, fastest in the water, and now swiftly becoming fastest on land, well I was humiliated further. The funny thing? It was mostly in my head.

I expected and assumed to be washed away in an unstoppable freak wave of embarrassment upon my return.

Strangely, I seemed to be getting smiles of sympathy. Or maybe the Mermaids and Merka were trying not to laugh.

I pass through the Village, and my old place of work as a nurse – and I pick up a few things from the market. I trade in a few pearls I found on the way back. Pearls were a popular currency on the Island.

A buy a water proof compass, and a complete ink pad and set to write more notes and maybe future plans.

Then, I head to the library, a place to learn without many more eyes on me.

It's here that I make my first friend.

By a total accident.

I walk through the front library doors and barge right into a giant Merka hurrying out – as I hurry in. I've dropped my small bag of supplies and while the compass rolls out, the ink bottle gets caught on the edge of the weave on the bag, it opens and the ink pours down my leg.

"...um... your luck doesn't get much better, does it, Sentinel Lily?" I hear a rising laugh in that tone, and I prepare my glare, but when I look up to see this guy's face – I falter with a standard reply. Ummm... wow... typically handsome, but what catches me is that fancy blue hair, all shades of the ocean, it was a rarer colour to have hair that blue. His eyes twinkle, "I'm not laughing at you, by the way," he mentions needlessly while taking my bag from me as I'm silent and in shock by his kindness.

"Um," I narrow my eyes in confusion as he picks up my compass for me, and pops it back into the bag.

"My name is Lir, by the way; were you going to hide in the library all day...?" he guesses my thoughts and my reply, by nodding at me, "You should get your book and read looking at the ocean, don't be afraid of shame – what you did last night was brave. Honestly, I don't know why everyone here is so..."