[Part2] ⤀ 15] The Wreckoning

[Part2] 15] The Wreckoning

Later that twilight

I could live where I wanted on Belle Island, so I retreated to the Ruins below the Ezili Castle. Again, all of it was abandoned, the Ruins and the Clan Castle, which had windows and doors completely boarded up to avoid stowaways.

I've laid down to rest in the shallow pool water of the Ruin rock pool, realising the task at hand of becoming a Sentinel for the Island. Sink all mortal ships. Create a curse.

I was once a Darv and a half-wit only.

So many titles awaited me, upon the meaning of my new tomorrow.

A Princess of Belle Island. A Sentinel of Belle Island. A Warrior for Belle Island... but a cold blooded killer? I had identified as one for so long, and now –

With permission to use the power of the Rough... for those deadly deeds... the concept of killing was almost as far away as it had ever been before within my mind.

Permission changed everything.

I still wanted to be a Sentinel and do my job, I was excited to... but what about my charisma? I could learn to tap into my charisma with a ¼ blood of a Siren, to enchant the ships captain's away from harm and certain doom.

Sinking a ship would be the fatal last option, if all else failed.

...an entire species was on the line...

The irony of it all.

Darv sacrifices, a barbaric promise, had kept a level of safety for Belle Island. Eros drove a whole port of mortals to raid and burn the Island... and he didn't realise he almost killed off his only food source... the only breeding ground... he almost indirectly doomed all of the Erebos in the ocean.

Oh, well, what did it matter? The Island still stood. Fantasia saved it.

I was the young blood. The future of the Island would become my responsibility. I didn't feel like thinking about my sisters playing a role in that part yet, inevitably.

I would focus on me first.

I felt my estranged mother was trying to teach me my own path, albeit slowly.

Could I even trust an estranged parent? Was I blind to do so?

I had to start somewhere.

Was I to become everything I thought I needed to become, overnight?

It was all words right now, whirling my mind in circles of never-ending possibilities and questions.

I may as well do something useful. I had to create some action. I had to orchestrate my own destiny.

I've been wading on my back too long, after cutting my palm and bleeding into the pool... I've awaited Blade but he hasn't appeared. I would go to his ship and speak to him offshore, to see what kind of payment we could conclude upon, now that there was no secret treasure to offer.

My tail swishes left to right as I rise up onto my tail bottom, sitting up in the pool water, about to shift and rise.

I fail to move any further, however, as I see a glimmer of darkest green to my right.

Blade is already here. Correction; he has been. For quite some time, I'm sure. Watching me think.

Blade is also exquisitely presented out in Erebos form, how else to describe this massive monster of the ocean?

I'm plainly frozen in shock, witnessing iridescent darkest green scales very much like my own. His tail is probably the longest Erebos tail I've ever seen, and the blood pulsing through them makes it glow in stages and pulses of power.