14. 1am.

Today, well damn… scratch that. Yesterday—since midnight stuck a while ago—it was one of them days that you top off the day with mixed emotions. It’s not labeled as the worst though. My emotion and all is so mixed that I’m wide awake, watching television in my cozy living room after dark, knowing I have school in a few hours. I’m wide awake because I can’t sleep, not with me confused on how I’m or how should I’m feeling. And I’m not trying to analyze anything. Also, I just need something to entertain me since my phone completely died on me, thanks to me not charging it up from the get-go. I would writing something in my little journal, but I just don’t feel like pulling that out.

And with the phone, Maurice and I was just texting away, after I video chatted with my ex, Taylor. Ever since he moved to California, our conversational time went from seven days a week, to now one day a week. Taylor mentioned that he’s not playing any sports this time and me, I don’t know why all of a sudden I’m reducing our communication time. But I’m falling to believe that any minute, he could have a girlfriend that I don’t know about, and he won’t break it to me anytime soon. I don’t want to talk to him for a very long amount of time, if he has a girlfriend; if you can understand what point I’m trying to reach out. Like if I do that, I might seem like I’m meddling or stalking.

Currently, Avery returned and plop the space next to me on the couch. Yeah, he told me after drinking Red Bulls all day long, no buzz can kick into him.

“So how’s hanging with Martin, Tommy, and Cole?” he asked while he grabbed the remote control, and implying to Rocket, Steven, and Maurice.

“Nothing special like you infer,” I shook my head, pursing in my lips and staring into space.

“Wait, just what the hell you mean “like I infer”?” Avery confusingly questioned, gesturing his fingers in quotations.

After I see him coming over to Ventura and Co’s table every other day now, he now wanna front? But it’s great that Avery is chilling down to affiliate with them… but might kill himself to join the group again after I’m finished.

“Never mind,” I lightly chuckled. “But I’m sure you heard about a Haiti plane crash, right?”

“Yeah,” he said, scrolling through the TV guide. “What about it?”

“Alright, don’t go sharing this on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or whatever because I don’t think he want to be in the center of attention,” I near-sympathetically insisted, facing my whole body on Avery. “Well at least not right now. Rocket’s little brother and sister, and his parents was in that plane. His twin sibling made it—and they’re injured—but crash took his parents life.”

According to Avery’s facial expression after I finished breaking the news, it was a mixture of shock and commiseration; kind of the same way I was feeling when Rocket cried, before telling me what was the matter.

“You shittin’ me right?” Avery asked, with his eyes bulging of concern.