A Glimpse Into the Future

Thank you Rainbow_Meifwa for the awesome suggestion :) I hope you all enjoy and remember to brush your road before you cross the teeth

It's been a few days since Dream had a nightmare. He refused to tell his brother what it was about in fear of how he'd react yet by not telling him it's causing him to worry. The guardian of positivity let out a sigh, staring up at the Tree of Feelings with a lost look in his golden-yellow eyes. He felt a small smile slip onto his face as he watched a squirrel scamper up the tree and onto one of the branches. After a few seconds, he tore his eyes away from the critter to gaze upwards at the sky.

It was a nice day today. Fluffy, white clouds dotted the baby-blue heavens and the sun shone brilliantly, casting it's golden light onto the land and sharing it's warmth. A few birds flew by, chirping and singing to one another making Dream smile wider and relax. He jumped slightly in surprise as a butterfly fluttered by his face and inspected him before gliding downwards onto a pretty pink flower with it's friends. Crouching down, he plucked one of the flowers and smoothed out it's delicate petals before carefully placing it secure in his crown.

"Hey Dream." 

Startled, the guardian of positivity sprung up and came face to face with his grinning brother. Nightmare snickered and flicked the other skeleton's head playfully. Dream huffed, batting the hand away and folding his arms.

"You scared me." He grumbled.

Nightmare lazily grinned in response, glancing down at the flowers.

"So uh, are you finally going to tell me what your nightmare was about?" He eventually asked, averting his line of sight back at his brother. 

Dream's smile faltered and Nightmare frowned. Why wouldn't he tell him? Did he not trust him?

'Why would anyone trust you when you can't even trust yourself?'

Nightmare shook his head slightly, trying to rid the thought away.

"I just-" Dream started, pausing. "It was about the future, that's all. Well, I think it was anyway."

Nightmare frowned deeper, concern flashing in his lilac eyes.

"Does something bad happen?" 

Dream tried to give his brother a cheery grin as he answered "Nothing I can't fix!"

Nightmare hummed, releasing a small sigh. 

"If you say so." He mumbled, an idea slowly forming. "Hey, I'm going to go on a walk by myself if that's alright- you don't mind, do you?"

Dream felt a slight tinge of hurt that he didn't want him to go with him however nodded nonetheless.

"Of course I don't mind!" He replied. "Enjoy your walk."

Nightmare smiled at his brother before turning on his heal and walking away. Dream's eyes lingered on the guardian of negativity for a while longer until he was out of sight. He spared a glimpse back at the bed of flowers before deciding to take a seat beside them and mindlessly pick them.

Nightmare couldn't believe he was going to do this. 

'Out of all the stupid ideas you have, this is by far the worst.' He mentally scolded himself.

"Shut up." Nightmare muttered, trudging forwards until he was hidden from Dream.

A bubble of fear rose within him as he clicked his fingers, instantly teleporting into the village by the witch's shack. There was no doubt the villagers would be able to sense his presence thanks to the overwhelming amount of negativity that clouded him. He better be quick. He nervously peeked around to make sure there was no one about. Satisfied that he wasn't about to be ambushed, the guardian cautiously pushed open the decaying wooden door and stepped inside.