Chapter 5: My Aphrodite

Clara McArthur

The last 5 days passed peacefully, almost. No arguments appeared between Mr Ito and I, instead the palpable tension only returned whenever we got close. I avoided him whenever I could. Like me though, Mr Ito liked to workout almost daily so I often found him being my spotter or vice versa. The feeling of his warm chest up close to my back did not help my concentration. I could feel his heated gaze on my ass everytime I squatted. My heart and breathing quickened and the butterflies returned. I was only thankful that there were no mirrors in front of the rack, if there were I probably would have met his lustful gaze and acted on it. I avoided disasters, barely.
I shook my head dispelling any unnecessary thoughts. It was almost time for the show it begin and I needed a clear head. Ticket sales were up for this Saturday show thanks to the success of the first last week and the enthusiasm of my new protégé. Aimi and I were a perfect team, my experience of burlesque and hers in advertising meant more and more people were interested in my Wednesday classes and Saturday show. I hoped my good fortune would last.
"Clara-sensei, it's time! The crowd is twice the size tonight and really rowdy. Break a leg!", Aimi giggled.
I flashed a toothy grin at her,"Just coming Aimi-san. Let's show these people want they are missing!"
I donned my mask and we made our way to the stage. Deep breath in and out then into the stage light I go,"Ladies, gentlemen and fabulous people of all. I welcome you to the second night of debauchery hoisted by myself, Miss Lily Fae," a cheer rippled through the crowd and I returned it with a wink,"Enough about little sexy me. Our first act of the evening comes from your homegrown girl so give cheer and wolf whistles to Miss Sakura Nikki!!"
The whole club exploded in whistles and cheers as I slid off the stage and breathed out. Hosting was still new to me, much more daunting than burlesque itself. I reassured myself that as the night went on, the better I would feel. I just hoped Ryuu Ito wasn't here.

Ryuu Ito

The club was electric tonight. Men and women of all ages had shown up, mostly couples and small groups of friends. It seemed completely different from the grimy club last week. Kai-chan and I bought tickets and reserved a table last week and I was thankful for the planning. Not that it was rammed full but if we hadn't then our view of the stage wouldn't have been so good.
"Would you like a drink, Ryuu-chan?", Kai-chan asked as we got our table.
"Yes, thanks. Just a beer, I'll get the next one," I replied.
From the outside I was cool as a cucumber, nobody would suspect that my insides were twisting and my pulse started race. I was eager to see Miss Lily Fae again. I was surely bewitched from the the time I laid eyes on her. Every night this week the last thought I had was of her luscious curves and sultry voice.
The bar must've been busy as Kai-chan still hadn't returned and I as I was waiting my thoughts drifted back to the other mysterious woman in my life.
Her curves i was getting very familiar with, but not in the usual sense. Miss McArthur shared the love of weightlifting which is great when you need a training buddy to push and keep you motivated. I was eager to join her everyday but for my own selfish desire. Seeing her glisten with sweat and panting in excertion had other images pop into my head. My hands ached not to touch her as we helped each other reach personal bests. Cold showers were essential everyday.
"Not often I catch you daydreaming, Ryuu-chan," I jumped back into reality as Kai-chan placed our drinks down, "Still captivated by the woman last week? I don't blame you, she is very sexy. Wonder if I could get her number?"
Anger rippled through my body. If Lily Fae was going to give anyone her details it would be me! Kai-chan noticed my glare but before I could say anything the lights dimmed and the goddess of my dreams stepped into the spotlight.
I shivered as she delivered the opening of the show. Her voice although loud, caressed my ears and my heart skipped. I realised I must have had a ridiculous expression on my face so I took a quick sip of my drink, not allowing my eyes off of her. Miss Lily Fae had her signature black mask on, obscuring her identity to everyone, her golden hair flowing in soft waves this time which almost reached her waist. My hands itched to run through those silky locks. My eyes followed them to reveal her wearing a midnight blue, Jessica Rabbit-like dress. It hugged every incredible curve and highlighted her delicate, pale skin. The show hadn't even begun but I was sure she had all the men, and even some ladies, drooling. Although everyone cheered as she introduced the first act of the night, there was a tangible feeling of disappointment that we could watch her for longer.
The show itself was amazing. I recognised two of the performers, another was a guest for the night. They were all so talented and had the audience entranced with every dance. However, none made my heart go wild like Lily Fae. By the half time I realised that she may not be performing tonight. Discouraged, I went to go get the next round of drinks. I went to the far end of the bar where it was quiet. I sighed heavily watching myself twist my card in my fingers as I waited.
"The show not entertaining you enough, Sir?", the alluring tone had me snapping my head up in surprise. There stood Lily Fae, a sexy smirk on her red lips and hands resting on her hips.
"No, the show is spectacular, dare I say an improvement on last week", I managed to reply in a calm manner.
"Oh but there is a 'but'. I can see it in those gorgeous eyes of yours," she purred.
I gulped and she noticed my nerves, her eyes flashing mischievously. Want to play do you? Fine, I can play that game too.
I leaned over the bar getting so close I could smell her floral perfume.
"I was just hoping, a mere mortal that I am, could have the pleasure of watching my Aphrodite dance tonight. If so, I will die a very very happy man," I smiled as I stood back and watched her eyes dilate and mouth turn into an 'o'. Seeing how my actions can affect her made me burn with longing.
Shaking those effects off, she mirrored my actions allowing her soft plump chest to be resting on the bar. My lower half twitched in response.
"Well now, we can't have you dying an unhappy man now, can we? After all, it would be a waste of an handsome devil," she winked as she left through the staff door.
I laughed to myself, who was I thinking trying to seduce a seductress herself?