Chapter 11: Mixed feelings

Clara

"Hey! Great lesson today, Clara. We all set for this Saturday?" Aimi says as I pack up the props.
"Thanks, although we both know it was good because you took the reins tonight. Yes, I just need to confirm one act then we are all good to go," I reply rubbing my forehead.
"Come on, Clara. Time to fess up. You haven't been right since Saturday. We normally talk everyday but you've been ghosting me since then," concern crosses her features.
Sighing I pick up my bag, I don't really want to talk about Ryuu but being my only friend here, Aimi is the only confidant I have.
"I need a drink first, just one mind, I have work in the morning."
We head downstairs to the bar that's become my second home. Hiro, the bartender, quickly serves our regular drinks waving off the payment. Taking a big gulp of my old fashioned, I relay all the events leading up to the weekend to Aimi.
"Oh my god! So Mr Hunk is Mrs Ito's grandson! Wait, haven't I heard that name before...," she ponders, sipping at her cosmo, "ha! I remember now. Ryuu Ito is the CEO of Ito Industries, it's a relatively small conglomerate which deals in retail spaces. Now when I say small they still take in billions a year!".
I sit there a bit stunned. I knew that Mrs Ito was wealthy and Ryuu had a high up position, but CEO? He's only twenty-nine. Colour me impressed, his dedication and intelligence must be greater than I thought.
"And he likes you?!," Aimi squeals.
I put my hand up to stop her any further.
"It's not like that I'm sure. Lust maybe but not like. He doesn't know me, he probably just likes me because I am Miss Lily not for me, Clara."
Aimi crosses her arms and narrows her eyes, " Sure, a guy that takes you out to dinner, invites you to balls and declares your his. Sounds to me that he's feeling more than just lust."
I snort, "Yeah, dinner with his Grandmother and I'm going as a friend to the ball, nothing more!"
Aimi grabs my hand, squeezing slightly, "Why don't you give him a chance? It's been two years, Clara. You have to move on someday."
My chest tightens and my eyes fill at her statement, "What if I don't want too?".
"I know you do. You just scared, but that's ok. New relationships are always scary but you deserve love Clara. Please don't throw this chance away."
Aimi pulls me in for a hug as the tears fall down my cheeks. My body was torn, my heart was singing out to Ryuu but my brain keeps telling me it's wrong and that I have no right moving on.

Ryuu

Work has been extremely tiresome the past few days. Never ending meetings, paperwork and deadlines. The only thing getting me through the day is Clara. She invades my thoughts day and night. I find myself thinking of her soft auburn hair that she hides as Miss Lily. It definitely suits her more. My palms ache wanting to feel it between my fingers again and I will this Friday. I quickly send her a message reminding her of the ball. She's coming not matter what.

Clara, I can't wait you see this Friday. I'll pick you up at 7.00pm. Yours truly, Ryuu. X

My phone pings straight away, surprising me it's eleven at night and Clara should be sleeping by now.

Your Grandmother gave you my details?! Fine, see you then Mr Ito.

I didn't want to end our communication just yet, it was thrilling that she was replying to me.

Why are you still up? Surely you have to be ready early for Obaasan?

Yes, I'm just back home. I run dance classes on a Wednesday night if you must know.

That end so late? Please tell me someone saw you leave safely.

Not that it's any of your business but I had a drink with a friend after. Yes, Aimi made sure I was safe and we always text each other when home. We are not eejits! Goodnight, Mr Ito!

I chuckle at her sass. One day, her bottom will be red and she'll be begging me to stop.

Goodnight Goddess x

Friday comes by quickly. By 6.00pm I am already driving my way to Obaasan's, I know I'm too early for Clara but I was too anxious to stay at home. At least it gives me an excuse to see my Obaasan before heading out.
"My handsome Grandson! Your a bit early aren't you? Poor Clara will be rushed knowing you've arrived," she exclaims as I greet her.
"No need to tell Clara. Why don't we have a cup of tea and catch up while we wait?"
"Well I won't say no to tea especially made by you. Honestly Ryuu, you have scrubbed up very well tonight!"
Thankfully, spending time with Obaasan calms my nerves and I don't even notice Clara's arrival until she interrupts us. My jaw drops as I gaze upon her. Her curves are out on display tastefully in a black satin gown. Her pert breasts pushed up sinfully in a corset bodice. I can feel my cock twitch in delight. My eyes roam up to her face, her lips painted a passionate red and eyes smoky. She truly is a Goddess, no, tonight she is a Succubus! My jaw tightens as I realise my hands will be full tonight fending off every man in the room. Clara's deep blue eyes glint with mischief, she knows exactly how I feel about her appearance.
"Well, how do I look? This ok for the ball?," she questions slyly.
"Hmm...ye-...yes!," goddammit man, get yourself together,"Yes, you look gorgeous Clara." I stepped towards her and take her hand, gently pressing my lips on her soft skin. I see her breathing hitch and eyes soften.
"Aww, you are both so beautiful! You'll definitely be the center of attention tonight my dears!," Obaasan cheers, breaking the spell between us.
I clear my throat and offer my arm to Clara to lead her outside and into the waiting car. Once settled, I offer her a glass of champagne as the driver takes us to the venue.
Clara turns to me with her glass raised, "Cheers to unexpected dates and a thrilling evening."
I smile and raise my glass in agreement. This evening will certainly be thrilling, even just sitting beside Clara has my body burning with need and I look forward to getting her closer again.