Episode 0-1 (Part 2): First Time Hire - Distinction Certificate: Six?

I was leaning on the wall beside the door to Doc's office. Where I can hear shouting in their argument.

Situation got out of hand. Doctor saw and calmed Ch'en down as we made our way to his office instead of the conference room. I had a death glare attached to my back since I was walking ahead of the two guests.

I was then told to wait outside--pissed off, might I add--as the two guests went in his office.

Minutes later. I was walking back to the office after I bought a can of coffee. Where I saw a glimpse of Dr. Kal'tsit entering the office door. When I waited there again, I heard yelling.

It just escalated from there.

Sheesh, this entire situation is like if a kid's parents got called by the Overseer or the principal or something. Except the kid's parents is the principal and the ones complaining are the victims.

I let out a sigh at how that sounded. It sounded stupid.

I sipped at my coffee with my helmet on (do not ask, it just works).

God, how long are they going to take inside the off--

The door opened. As a Ch'en with an evident scowl and grimace on her face stomped out alongside a more composed Hoshiguma (I learned that recently).

They didn't spare a glance at me, and they seem to be heading for the conference room. Just when I thought I was scot free, Dr. Kal'tsit walked out of the office.

She didn't look at me but said it anyway. "Go in there. The Doctor wants an explanation."

She walked off, composed and collected. Yeah, she probably pissed off.

Welp, hopefully I don't get injured. If I do, I pray it isn't her patching me up. Please.

Anyway, I went inside the office of Doc. I couldn't tell but I can feel him glaring daggers at me.

I took a seat. "What do you need Doc--"

He didn't let me finish. "You're a wanted criminal?"

He pointed fingers at me. "I was. And that's a bias perspective."

"Not within the law, Six." I groaned at what he said. "But fine, you were a wanted criminal. So why is it, that the L.G.D--especially Ch'en--wanted to cut you in pieces?"

"Beats me. I ended that feud without any problems."

"Meaning?"

I sighed. "Doc. Answer this first: did those two tell you about what I did?"

"...n-no."

"Well. You want to hear a story?"

Doc didn't speak. But I assumed it's a yes.

"My time in Lungmen, I was a crime lord. We robbed small banks, traded in the black market and in drug trafficking."

Doc was speechless judging from his incoherent words.

"But you know what condition I had during that time? We didn't involve any civilians in our line of work. If we had to sell drug materials, I explicitly told my men that they don't sell to children. Or else I'd cap them."