Episode 0-4: Pleased To Meet You

Author's Notes: Didn't write or upload because of school stuff. But I finished the chapter anyway 6 months later. Enjoy.

---

"Ow."

"Quit squirming or I open up your spine."

"Like hell you can."

"Having a cybernetic spine doesn't change how you work."

"Christ, I get it. Sheesh."

"Good."

"OW!" I seethed my teeth in pain.

"Did that one actually hurt?"

"Is that how you actually treat Arts wounds, Dr. Kal'tsit?" I mockingly stated her title name.

"Your Arts wound is like any other third-degree burn I've seen and treated." Dr. Kal'tsit stated.

"So basically, I just got hit with plasma?"

"Basically."

I sighed. "Shoulda put a Stimpak there myself."

"Is that how you actually treat third-degree burns? And here I thought you were the better doctor and scientist." Dr. Kal'tsit sneered.

I felt her rub something on my lower back. "Trust me, if you're in the field. The temporary solution works better than the long run."

The walls of her office/medical room was stark, white and very boring.

"Don't your scars hinder you in fights?" She asked. I felt her prod my wound with a finger doused in paste.

Yeah. My torso. And my unmasked face. All for Dr. Kal'tsit to bear. Well I mean, she has seen my face in the past. So there wasn't any difference to what she saw. Even my raven-haired bored face wasn't new to her.

Though, I couldn't say the same for my body. Scars everywhere. But, I prefer to ignore that.

Back to her question.

"No. I'm no Joshua Graham."

"Is that a reference?"

"Yes."

...

"So. No replies, witty quips? Retorts?"

"We aren't in Lungmen. And this isn't 4 years ago." I felt a syringe up my Arts wound.

"So this is what you became after I left? Boring?"

"I became more responsible."

"Was taking stolen money from a robber responsible?"

The syringe popped into me. It hissed, and so did I.

"Yes. This is subjective, but yes."

"Okay, okay. Whatever you say Dr. Kal'tsit."

She continued treating me. I sat still and in silence just for her.

"Be thankful I'm the one treating you. If it's the Doctor or anyone else..." She lingered.

"I'm glad and grateful that you're pampering my scarred ass, but you do know you could've let me into my own room and let me treat myself?"

"Knowing you, I knew something was gonna hurt with you. Your posture said it all when you exited that aircraft." I heard the sound of medical tape. "Plus we do not leave Operators to their own devices if they're wounded. Including you."