Episode 0-3 (Part 2): Orange Cargo, Retrieved

I've made my choice.

I tossed the duffel into the boat.

"Go! Get out! I'll hold them off!" I yelled.

Goddamn, I did not want to be the hero for today.

But unless we wanted to get buried six feet underneath, someone has to make a choice.

I mean, do I have anything left to lose at all?

Holy shit it sounds like I'm dying and about to make my last stand even though I won't.

"S-senpai! We wo-"

"I'm not gonna take 'no' for an answer. This is a direct order from your squad leader, I say move now!" I interrupted Eyja-girl before she could've continued.

Instincts tingled. Duck, get to cover. Narrowly avoid Arts projectile.

Crossbow bolts kept firing at my position. Grenade it is then.

Except I didn't have to throw any.

Suddenly, a rain of orange swords fell from the sky. Stabbing and impaling through the unlucky soldiers that were too weak. I heard them scream in pain.

What the..?

Suddenly, a loud clang erupted from my side. I looked to what it was, or rather, whom it was.

"You think the second-in-command is going to listen to the third-in-command?" Hoshiguma stated. Bringing up her shield to block the crossbow bolts and some of the Arts being thrown at us. "Come on! Get those casters! I'll be in front!"

Goddamnit. No time to complain.

I immediately switched to my All-American, there were three casters that I saw. I easily dispatched them, those stupid ceramic and plastic masks aren't gonna help stop bullets. Especially the armor-piercing ones.

Hoshiguma bashed the light armored veteran in front of her, dazing the poor guy.

"Now!"

As she said that, someone leaped over her head and stabbed the goon right in the head. Immediately after, she ran back into cover as the crossbow bolts just invaded her previous position.

"Good grief Six. I knew you were gonna do something reckless." Texas looked at me with an exasperated expression. "I don't want anyone spilling their blood for their mission. But you..."

"Save it for later. Can't you just join the others?" I looked at the boat still in front of us. The rest of the squad were staring at us while Croissant's hands were still firm on the wheel.

Texas followed my gaze. "Croissant. Go. Get the cargo to safety."

"Righto! Everyone, let's go!" The western-lookin' girl didn't even hesitate.

"B-but, are they gonna be-"

"Baws' orders." Croissant grinned at Jessica as the boat began moving. "'Sides, they can take these guys just fine."

"Oh believe me, they got Six over there. And he took on me, Texas, and Siege!" Franka vouched for leaving.

"Step on it, Croissant." Texas instructed, her voice sounded fierce yet calm.

"Don't get yer panties in a twist Lupo!" Croissant switched gears as the boat began moving faster. "Stay safe!"

Great.

"Hey, if you two can stop being sitting ducks, that'd be appreciated!" Hoshiguma broke us out of our trance.

Right yeah, we still got asses to kick.