Chapter Five

"A sea of whiskey couldn't intoxicate me as much as a drop of you" - J. S. Parker

The one good thing about Nolan and I's predicament; the mini fridge filled with beer. However, the beer is shitty, and we are only drinking it to dull the pain of being in each other's company. Somehow the alcohol that runs freely through my veins manages to bury my hatred for Nolan and what he did to me.

"Psst Nolan." I whisper into his ear. We're sitting side by side at the top of the steps, leaning against the door and waiting to be found. My phone is broken beyond repair and Nolan's... his is with his lovely fiancée.

"Yeah?" He slurs before draining all of the liquid from his beer bottle.

"You're ugly!" I burst out into laughter at the shocked look that appears on his handsome face. His amber eyes narrow into slits before a mischievous smile appears on his face.

He leans closer to me. "You have five seconds to apologize."

"Or what?"

"Five."

There is no way in Hell I am apologizing. He's the one with the ugly face, I'm just telling it as it is.

"Four."

Wait. He has a nice face. Maybe I should apologize.

"Three."

No. No I shouldn't.

"Two."

But what if I hurt his feelings?

"One."

You drank one too many beers, Kaelin. You're losing your fucking mind.

"Okay you asked for it!" Nolan yells before reaching over and tickling my sides.

I squeal and try to get away from him, causing him to pull me closer to him and continue to torture me. I'm laughing so hard I can barely breathe.

"Nolan!" I yelp. "Please stop!"

"I gave you your chance!" He says, now laughing himself. "Suffer the consequences!"

Tears begin flowing from my eyes as he relentlessly tickles me.

The door slams open, managing to hit both Nolan and I and knock us down several stairs. Pain blossoms across my back as I groan in pain. I grasp the edge of the stair I landed on tightly to make sure I don't go tumbling down the rest of the staircase.

I glare up at the top of the stairs and see a seething man standing there. "Roman, what the hell?"

His hands curl into fists as he me. What's wrong? Is there something on my face.

"Why are you crying?" Roman seethes with his Italian accent leaking into his words. "He did this? Didn't he?"

I quickly stand in front of Nolan to protect him from my rage consumed boyfriend. "No! No, Rome it's not like that."

He stomps down the stairs until we are face to face. "Then what exactly was going on down here? You've been down here for an hour!"

I flinch at how loud his voice as gotten. I am annoyed that my body still reacts to things like that even though it has been five years since all of the violence. I should be stronger than I was, both mentally and physically. I'm twenty-two years old now, I should have my shit together.

"Roman calm the fuck down." I say in a low voice. "The doorknob fell off and we got stuck down here."

His gaze softens slightly, but then darkens again. "And why couldn't either of you call someone? I guess you wanted a little extra time, didn't you?! Extra time to fucking cheat on me!"