chapter 19: stuck with you

"I could ask you the same thing, Geum Y/N," Jungkook tells you with a slight smirk on his face as he rubs his eyes.

"Jungkook! I'm not playing around right now. We're both stuck on the bus, and even worse, we missed the college trip!!"

Jungkook yawns. "Calm down, will you Y/N? You're always so worked up over nothing sometimes. Plus, were you actually excited to go spend a week at some boring college?"

"Boring college, huh?" you scoff. "How could you just say that so casually? Do you really not care about your future Jungkook? That trip was essential to learn more about how life in college would be like! Don't you care one bit about how you're going to be able to run your business in the future?"

"Damn, you really don't shut up about stuff like this, don't you?" Jungkook sighs as he rolls his eyes. "Just because I think the trip would've been boring doesn't mean I don't care about my future plans. It's just that, sometimes I would rather focus on things other than just school and stuff."

"Like what?" you ask. "I don't know if there's anything else more important than school and striving to become successful in the future."

Jungkook sighs deeply, hand on his forehead. "Y/N, I'm pretty sure we've talked about this already. You really need to calm down sometimes. Success is important, but what is success worth if you're not happy?"

What is success worth if you're not happy? Guess I really never thought about that, you think to yourself.

"Whatever." you scoff as you cross your arms. "Anyways, answer my question. Why are you here?"

"The same reason you are, I fell asleep during the ride and didn't wake up. Simple as that." Jungkook explained as he ran his fingers through his hair.

You sigh deeply. "Why would they just leave us on the bus like that? Did they really not think to double check, just to make sure?"

"I don't know. But it's not like we can do anything about it now." Jungkook sighs.

You glare at him. "Of all people, why did I have to get stuck with you?"

Jungkook scoffs. "Seriously, you're really about to start something right now? We should really just work together to find a way out of here."

"Ugh, fine. You're right. What should we do—"

You were about to finish your sentence, but got cut off by the sound of the loud bus doors opening.

"Crap!" you exclaim as you notice the bus driver walk back in with a bag of McDonalds.

"Yeah you makin' me a boy with love... oh my my my, my—"

The bus driver stopped singing as he noticed you and Jungkook on the bus.

"What is the meaning of this? Why are you two still on the bus?" he asked nonchalantly, as he stuck his hand in the bag to grab a french fry.

"We can explain!" you yelled out frantically, worried about getting in trouble.

"Eh, whatever. Doesn't matter to me." The bus driver said as he shook his head and continued to eat his french fries. "So what's gonna happen now? It's not like I'm gonna actually drive you two back to the university. A complete waste of my time."

"What?" you exclaimed. "But that's your job! You need to take us back, or else we're going to get in trouble! Don't you understand that?"

Jungkook interrupted. "Y/N, it's alright. Settle down. We'll figure something out."

The bus driver clicked his tongue. "Young lady, isn't it your own fault for still being on the bus? I assume the only reason why you both got left behind was because you fell asleep, right?"

You sigh deeply as you lower your head. "Yeah, I hate to admit you're right. Look, I'm sorry for being rash but this trip is really important to the both of us, especially to me. So is there a way we could go back?"

The bus driver pulls out a burger from the bag and takes a bite. "Sorry dear, but I really can't. It's already late and the drive is gonna take a few hours. Plus, I really don't get paid enough for this crap." he muttered under his breath as he took another bite out of his burger.

Jungkook shakes his head. "Well, guess we're just gonna have to miss the college trip, right Y/N?"

"No!" you exclaim. "If I don't go on this trip, my parents are gonna kill me!"

The bus driver sighs. "Well, good luck with that. Now if you guys don't mind, I really have to getting going. Please, get out."

"Wait, please!" you pleaded desperately. "You don't understand how important this is to me!"

The bus driver clicks his tongue. "Look, I'm really sorry, but I can't make a two to three hour drive to the university just to drop you two off. Now once again, please just leave. Go enjoy yourselves or something, for all I care. You just both need to leave now."

Your head sinks in shame as you feel Jungkook gazing at you, looking almost sympathetic.

"Alright, we'll just get going now then sir." Jungkook says. "Come on, Y/N."

You follow Jungkook as you hear the bus door open, and make your way out.

Once you guys finally exit the bus, the bus takes its leave and gets back on the road.

"Dammit!" you exclaim, frustrated. "It's all my freaking fault for being dumb and sleeping in!"

Jungkook sighed. "Y/N, seriously, come on. It's done. There's nothing we can do about it anymore. Let's just go."

"Go where?" you scoff. "My parents are gonna kill me for sure if they know about this."

"Well, you're gonna have to go back home eventually," Jungkook answers. "But for now—"

Suddenly, you feel and hear your stomach start to grumble loudly. Oops.

Jungkook laughs as he looks back at you. "Well for starters, why don't we go get something to eat? Someone's definitely hungry," he smirks.

You roll your eyes lightly. "Fine, fine, whatever. But where do you want to eat?"

Jungkook looks around at the area where the bus driver left you guys.

"Hmm, McDonald's? I mean, it's the nearest place, and plus that seems to be the only food joint around." he replies.

"Alright then, let's go." you smile lightly, focusing your gaze onto his bright eyes.

Maybe he wasn't so bad after all.

.
.
.

HI GUYSSS!!! I'm so happy that I was finally able to release another chapter after so longgg. I know it's been forever but I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!

I honestly was suffering from a lot of writer's block with this but I hope I can continue to update this story more frequently <3 I will definitely try my best so please stay tuned!

Also, just to throw the idea out there; would you guys be interested in reading another Jungkook fanfic if I were to write one? I'm not sure if I will do this yet but I've recently been thinking of a story idea and would like to know if you guys would be interested in it sometime in the future or so.

Of course, that doesn't mean I will neglect Ignite. I might not even publish or write that new story until Ignite is completed. Just wanted to hear your thoughts :)

But anyways guys thank you so much for all the love and support you have been giving me, despite my slow updates :') I'm very grateful for that and I love you all so much!

Hope everything is well and continue to always stay safe and healthy! <3

-constantlyjungshook
ren