chapter 16: struggles

You looked down at the sheet of paper which your father held in his hand, and gulped.

The progress report.

"W-what is it?" you ask, sounding a little too nervous than you anticipated.

"What is this?" your father frowned, showing you the paper.

You scanned the paper and sighed. Just as you thought, your grades indeed lowered due to lack of attendance.

"I thought we told you to not disappoint us?" your father continued, anger more prominent in his tone this time. "Now, what is the meaning of this?"

You look down at the floor. "I'm sorry Dad. It's just that I've had to miss a few days of school because of my-"

"No excuses, Y/N! Even with that injury of yours, you should still be able to get right on track with your classes!" your dad exclaimed.

"Honey, please calm down." your mother said to your father.

"Calm down? How am I supposed to calm down when our daughter, the future heir of Geum Enterprises, is falling behind in her studies?" your father hissed. "You're just proving yourself to be unworthy of inheriting the business."

You were still looking down at the floor, ashamed but also upset. Not with yourself much, but more with your father not understanding you.

You look up and face your father. "Honestly Dad? Why do you always constantly remind me of all my failures? Why do you only care about how well I do in my studies? When have you ever considered how I personally feel?"

"Geum Y/N, I will not tolerate"

"School, school, school! That's all you care about! Both you and mom never have time or show concern for my personal feelings. All you guys care about is the freaking business!" you exclaim angrily as you go upstairs, your footsteps loud and clearly audible.

"Y/N dear, please—" your mother calls out.

"No honey. Leave her be. Now come on, the office needs us." your father says blatantly.

"How could you just say that? She's our daughter and she needs us, can't you see?" your mother sighs, rubbing her forehead.

"No, what she needs is discipline and more respect for us. Everything we do with the business is all for her. This is for her own good." your father explains.

"Now come on, we have a meeting in 10 minutes."

. . .

People assume that being born into a wealthy rich family was all fun and games.

It really isn't.

You basically felt like for most of your life, your parents weren't even around to help guide or even show one bit of concern about your personal life.

All they cared about was the stupid business.

You were not in a good mood at all, so you just slept it off for the rest of the night.

Why couldn't you do anything right in their eyes?

. . .

The Next Day

Saturday

You woke up, the sun hitting your face as you opened your eyes.