chapter 1: new classmate

It was an ordinary day for you at the Geum Mansion. Your parents were out on a business trip, as usual, and you were basically home alone with your housekeepers.

Being rich and growing up in a family with two parents who were constantly focused on their business was not easy for you, despite them never being around. They always expected everything you do to be perfect: good grades, well-mannered; you name it.

They expected the most from you since you were their only child, meaning that you would be the heir to Geum Enterprises. Geum Enterprises was one of the biggest business companies in Korea, which was owned by both of your parents.

Today happened to be the first day of your final year of high school. It was a bit scary since it was your last year, meaning that your parents would for sure be more strict towards you since you would soon be entering college.

Although it was your first day back to school, your parents were gone on a business trip to Busan, so you were alone with just your housekeepers.

You got up, realizing that you probably shouldn't waste anymore time moping around in bed and should actually get up for school before you're late.

You groaned as you struggled to wake up after almost two months of summer vacation. 5 more minutes, you thought to yourself as you drifted back to sleep.

15 minutes later, you woke up again, realizing what time it was. 7:15. Class began at 7:30.

You panicked as you rubbed your eyes. You were going to be late if you didn't get your ass up now.

You quickly scurried out of bed, running around your room to get your school uniform in order to change. After changing, you grabbed your hairbrush and quickly brushed out your hair and made your way downstairs, almost tripping on the last step.

"Good morning ma'am, breakfast is rea-" said Yuna, one of the housekeepers before I cut her off.

"Sorry Yuna, I won't be eating breakfast today. I'm running late for school, can you please ask Minho to get the car ready?" you said as you rushed to find your shoes.

"Oh, of course ma'am."

You checked the time on the clock. 7:20. 10 more minutes, you thought. The drive to school was about 7 minutes, 10 with traffic.

"Ma'am, the car is ready." Yuna said, pointing outside to where Minho was waiting for me.

A few minutes later, you arrived at school. Seoul Executive Private High School, was the name of the school that you attended.

Seoul Executive Private High School was an exclusive private high school specifically for kids of rich business owners, doctors, etc. Basically, to put simply, it was a school for rich kids that belonged to prestigious families.

You ran into the building, making your way to the bulletin board which had the paper saying what classroom you had this year. It was 7:29, so you had one minute to find out what classroom you had and where it was. Great.

You made your way towards the bulletin board, and quickly scanned it to find where your class was.

You found your name under classroom 4A so you quickly ran there after hearing the bell for class ring.

The halls were filled with students, so you pushed through them and made your way into classroom 4A.

As you entered the room, there were some familiar faces and some that weren't so familiar. Some people came from different classrooms than yours last year, but you did recognize some people from your old class as well.