chapter 4: detention & practice quiz

You were sitting in your desk, alone in the classroom with Mrs. Kim and of course, that stupid Jeon Jungkook.

It was after school hours, and you and Jungkook had both gotten detention due to your inappropriate and unacceptable behavior earlier during the class debate.

You didn't deserve this, you thought as you put your head down in shame.

Jungkook on the other hand, was just staring into space, not knowing what to do as he awkwardly tapped his foot on the ground, making little thump sounds each second.

Mrs. Kim was sitting at her desk, reading a book silently. It had been going on like this for a few minutes already. What was even the point of detention if you were just sitting in silence?

As soon as you thought that, you heard Mrs. Kim get up from her desk and suddenly call for you and Jungkook's attention.

"Geum Y/N, Jeon Jungkook," Mrs. Kim said in a tired sounding tone. "I need to go to the restroom for a moment. Don't move a muscle, and behave yourselves." she continues, leaving the classroom right after.

You heard the sound of Mrs. Kim's heels clicking as she walked through the halls, and once the sound was gone, you gave out a loud sigh.

"This is all your fault." you pouted, looking over at Jungkook, who was still lightly tapping his foot on the ground.

"You were the one getting all aggressive." Jungkook retorted, as the sound of his foot tapping halted.

"Yeah, but you didn't have to intentionally piss me off and make me mad." you said harshly, shooting a glare at him.

"You didn't have to get mad in the first place, Y/N." Jungkook scoffed as he ran his fingers through his hair. "It was a debate. Of course I had to counter your opinion."

You stayed silent.

"So don't go around saying it was my fault, when you're the one who started to get all damn sore." Jungkook said, rolling his eyes.

You got out of your seat. "Well you didn't need to tease and provoke me!" you rose your voice once again.

Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed. "Are you seriously going to start another argument with me again, Y/N?" He smirked arrogantly. "You know you can't win."

You looked at him with furious eyes. "I mean, we both wouldn't be here if it weren't for you provoking me and pushing my limits! Gosh, Jeon Jungkook, being in detention because of you, makes me angry."

"You're really stupid, aren't you?" he says, getting up and staring directly into your eyes, making eye contact.

"No, you're stupid!" you retort, pissed that you were even in this situation.

"I'm not stupid. You're just being dumb and want to pin the blame on me, when you really know that it was you that clearly caused us to be in here." Jungkook says, slightly tilting his head to the side as he touched his neck.

"Ugh you really frustrate me, Jeon Jungkook!" you yelled out, a bit too loud as you gripped onto your hair in distress.

"You really need to calm down, Geum Y/N."

"Don't tell me to calm down!"

"Shut up before we get in trouble AGAIN!"

"No!"

Once again, you and Jungkook began bickering and arguing, until you both heard Mrs. Kim enter the room once again.

"Are you two serious?!" Mrs. Kim said, her facial expression not looking so happy. "Get out." Mrs. Kim said, glaring at the both of us.