chapter 8: unanticipated kindness

"This is our son, Jeon Jungkook," Jungkook's mother says with a smile on her face.

You look over and make direct eye contact with Jungkook, who was giving you that typical one sided smirk. Great, just great. Did he of all people really have to be here?!

Your mother smiles. "Oh my, he is very handsome, not only that but he seems like a very lovely boy!" she exclaims, turning over to you. "Don't you think, Y/N?"

Lovely my ass, you thought.

"Uh, y-yeah sure," you stammer, as you awkwardly play with your fingers.

Your father begins to speak again. "Well nice to meet you Jungkook. This is my daughter, Geum Y/N." he says, bringing you closer to Jungkook.

"Ah, so you guys are Geum Y/N's parents?" Jungkook asks as he looks at your parents and reaverts his eyes to you.

"Yes," your father responds. "Do you two know each other already?"

"Yes Mr. Geum," Jungkook says, smiling. "In fact, we go to school together."

Shitshitshit.

"Oh yes, that's right!" Jungkook's mother speaks. "Jungkook also attends Seoul Executive Private High School."

"Oh, Y/N," your father says chuckling. "I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce you. This is Mr. and Mrs. Jeon of Jeon Corporations."

You nod. "Very nice to meet you guys. It's a pleasure."

"Anyways," your father continues. "Jungkook, I heard that you go to Seoul Executive Private High School, correct?"

"Yes," Jungkook confirms. "I'm actually in the same class as Y/N."

You groan and bring your hand to your face, embarrassed for what is next to come.

"Oh really?" your father asks, sounding even more intrigued as he turned to Jungkook's parents. "So Mr and Mrs. Jeon, how does your son do in school? Is he a top student?"

Mrs. Jeon nods. "Yes indeed. He's the current top student of his class so far!" she says excitedly. "We're so proud of him."

Your father looks at you curiously. "Why don't you learn from Jungkook, Y/N? You've been slacking off for quite a whi-"

You cut your father off before he could say anything else. "You know Dad, this night is all about you and Mom, and the business! Why don't you and Mom go and-"

"Y/N, I'm speaking. I'm serious here. You should really look at Jungkook as an example. He's at the top of your class. You could certainly learn a thing or two from him, can't you?" your father asks you, raising an eyebrow.

"But-" you try to protest before getting cut off by Jungkook.

"Of course she can, Mr. Geum." Jungkook interrupts. "I would certainly love to help Y/N." he smiles sweetly which displayed his bunny teeth before he started to smirk again.

"Perfect! Then would you mind if you helped her out with studying or something after school?" your father asked Jungkook.

What?

After school?

Studying with...

Jungkook?

"No! That won't be necessary, Dad," you say, trying to get yourself out of this awkward situation that your father had set up for you.

Crossing his arms, your father proceeded to speak. "And why wouldn't it be?" he asked, sounding concerned.