Chapter 33: Ringing

Start from the beginning

They returned the truck back to the dealership and brought Nezu the belongings found inside. To which he was fascinated by the amount of shurikins one girl can have. He also found it strange that there were work clothes from a café not far from UA. He assumed the small time job was the one Nowane said little Sora got their money from.

"We're still not sure. Nowane said that she didn't really mind where she was staying. Which reminds me," Nezu said. "Nowane mentioned they still had belongings left at their old hide out that she would like to retrieve. I would like Aizawa to go with her and make sure it goes smoothly."

Aizawa nodded in acceptance. He couldn't lie and say he wasn't curious about how his old friends daughter had been living.

"As of now, I haven't figured out which class to place them in. But I believe it would be best to place them in the heroics course. Possibly in class 1-A."

"Why class 1-A?" Sekijirō asked. "Why couldn't they be in class 1-B?"

Aizawa grunted. Sekijirō had an annoying rivalry with 1-A and he's guessed that it rubbed off onto his students too.

"Nowane has told me that Little Sora has a bad habit of using her quirk to hurt herself. It would be best to have Aizawa near her so no accident can occur. I've yet to have her take a mental examination due to her not being conscious but from what evidence I can see, she's not very mentally stable. I also believe that it wouldn't be wise to separate the girls. They're close  and would probably fight against being apart," Nezu explained.

Sekijirō nodded, satisfied with the answer.

"Recovery Girl, can you tell us when you think she'll wake up?" Kayama asked the older woman.

Shuzenji looked down at her lap and sighed, "I'm honestly not sure. I've used my quirk on her a few times to speed up her healing process but I can't do it much. She's pretty drained. And even once she wakes, she'll have to stay in bed until her leg heals and her concussion is gone. It might take a whi-"

Shuzenji was then cut off by a ringing. It sounded almost like an alarm. Quickly, she pulled out the device from her pocket only to see that the once steady heart rate spiked quicker and quicker.

"Something is happening!" Shuzenji jumped off the chair. Alarm and adrenaline starting to rush.

Nezu and the other heroes shot up from the table and ran out the door to the nurses office.

They were about halfway there when the beeping stopped.

The heart beat was gone.

____________________________________

Sora swam in her own mind.

A black endless void of unclear thoughts and unreadable emotions that were her own.

She felt disoriented and disconnected with herself, like she was watching herself from outside of her body. She heard things but they were muffled and distant like a dream you can't quite remember.

Sora tried to open her eyes but found she couldn't. Black. It was all she saw.

She tried to move but she felt nothing.