Chapter five

Lanas PoV

I woke up in a white room, machines beeping around me. Am I in a hospital?...

I looked around but my head snapped back to the corner where Harry sat watching my every move. He looked angry. Not. Good.

"W-What happened?" I asked quietly, watching his movements carefully. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"You were too malnourished to lose the blood you did." He said his voice flat. As he looked me in the eye I couldn't get a read on his emotions. The frown on his face would tell me he was angry but his eyes didn't meet his expression. I nodded slowly, not knowing what to say and more importantly not wanting to say anything to make him lash out at me.

"Why did you think it was a good idea to stop eating and drinking enough?" He asked, deadly serious. Well how do I explain this one? Tell him the truth? That I was terrified to leave that room after what happened? That I would rather starve to death than be hurt the way I had been? I can't tell him anything, all he will do is laugh in my face. He doesn't care. He will never care. I'm just his prisoner, a part of a stupid plan I don't even know about. So instead of talking I simply shrug my shoulders, my gaze locked on my hands folded in my lap. I can feel his eyes on me, as if he is watching me to see what the real reason was. Like he knew there was a reason behind it all.

''Not good enough Lana. I really don't give a shit if you eat or not once I'm done with you but right now I need you alive. Got it?'' He said sternly. I don't know why but I felt hurt by his words. Hurt that he didn't care. I in no way have feelings for Harry but right now I feel the twist of pain in my chest as if someone I loved dearly just said those words to me. I refused to look up and let him see the tears pooling in my eyes, refusing to give him the satisfaction.

''If you don't answer me right now I swear.'' he threatened. I wanted to answer him, I didn't want to know what would happen if I didn't but I couldn't trust my voice in the slightest so I had no option but to sit in silence and hope that my silence didn't earn me a beating from the man just a couple of weeks ago I was excited about, looking forward to our date, ready to get to know him and maybe even fall in love again. The fact I was willing to give that to him after what happened with my ex was terrifying but has proven the point I have horrible taste in men, Harry is already worse than Rylie ever was and I haven't even felt the wrath of Harry. Yet.

''Fine if that's how your going to be then from now on you and I will sit down, together, every night and eat dinner. You will be making the dinner of course and I'll get to make sure you stay alive long enough to get what I need from you.'' At that my head shot up and eyes connected with his, he had a smirk plastered on his face and it only grew as he seen the fear in my eyes. I don't want to sit and have dinner with this monster every night. I don't want to ever have to look at him again.

''Problem?'' he asked me, stupid smirk still playing on his lips. I opened my mouth to speak, I stopped as I thought of what the consequences would be if I spoke back or disagreed with him right now. I shook my head just in time for the nurse to walk into the room, grabbing Harrys attention.

''Get her discharge papers ready. We're leaving.'' The nurse looked between Harry and I before turning her attention back to the devil himself.

''I'm sorry sir but she's very weak, she needs to stay overnight for at least tonight until we can make sure she is strong enough.'' The nurse explained with a kind smile, never faltering under Harry's glare, I applaud her silently because I know I cave under his glare. Harry laughed and stood up to his full towering height. He opened his jacket, I leaned over slightly to see what on earth he was doing but quickly put my hand over my mouth as I seen the gun sticking out the top of his jeans. The nurse's eyes went wide with fear.

''I asked nicely. Don't make me ask again.'' He said lowly causing the nurse to nod quickly before leaving the room. He smirked and turned back to me, pulling his jacket back over, covering the gun I never knew he was hiding.

''Get up.'' he demanded, I nodded quickly and scrambled to my feet but my legs disagreed with me and felt like jell-o, I let out a quiet scream as my legs buckled beneath me. As I braced myself for the fall I knew was coming I closed my eyes and waited patiently to hit the floor but before it could happen a strong pair of arms wrapped around me. I looked up to see what were usually scary, cold green eyes looking at me but this time was different they almost looked concerned. I could have swore I heard him mumble 'I've got you, it's okay' but with how dizzy I am and the way my head was pounding so I just assumed I was hearing things. I couldn't take my eyes away from his, getting lost in his eyes, the same way I did the first night I met him. His face started getting closer, so close I could feel his breath on my lips. My eyes darted quickly between his eyes and his lips and just as I was about to lean forward slightly to press our lips together I was pulled out of the trance I was out in from his eyes.

''That is you good to go Ms. Grey, please take it easy and make sure to eat and drink plenty.'' she said with a smile that quickly disappears as she glanced at Harry before leaving the room. I sighed and looked back to the man that had captivated me prior to the nurse making her appearance and seen his eyes now looking anywhere but at me, his arms left my waist and I resisted the urge to pout, missing the warmth they brought me. I mentally slapped myself for thinking like that, he abducted you Lana, I told myself as I finally felt steady enough on my own legs. He cleared his throat and starting walking towards the door before turning to me.

''Are you coming or what?'' he said, opening the door and holding it there. I nodded quickly, slowly walking out of the door, my legs feeling unsteady but refusing to collapse again. Surprisingly Harry was alright with taking things at my pace as we slowly but surely made our way out to the car.

- - -

''Lana!'' I heard the deep, raspy voice that sent goosebumps up and down my body call from what I assume was downstairs. I sigh and stand up and slowly walk downstairs, my legs still feeling a little weary. I made my way down to find the living room empty, I went through to the kitchen to see Harry leaning up against the counter looking at me as I came in with an eyebrow raised at me.

''Yes?'' I asked slightly annoyed at being pulled out of my own little world up there.

''Did you forget about our little conversation at the hospital?'' he questioned as he stood up straight and made his way over me, circling me like i was his pray. I gulped slightly and shook my head.

''No''

''Well then why are you still standing here? My dinner is waiting to be made and you don't want me to get hungry.'' He said in my ear, causing me to shiver.

''But I don't even know what you like to eat...'' I said quietly causing him to stop moving and realisation to cross his face. I looked up at him and he sighed.

''I suppose we better get cooking then'' he said and walked over to the fridge.

''Wait...we?'' I asked, there is no way he is going to help me. He does everything he can to not have to deal with me so why would he be so willing to give up his time to help me?

''Yes. We. Come on I'll help just this once.'' he said turning to me and to my surprise there was a smile on his face. I was shocked to see the beautiful smile that graced his face, the deep dimples popping on his cheek, pearly white teeth. He looked handsome, cheeky and sweet.

Why is he effecting me like this?

A/N

HOPE YOU ALL LIKE THIS ONE!

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

READ, VOTE AND COMMENT!