Chapter 20

Harry and I were hanging out in the common room. We both had a free today so we decided it was time that we actually saw each other for once this year. Fred and George were up in their dorm doing Godric knows what. I wasn't on speaking terms with Fred.

"So. How come you haven't been hanging out with the twins lately?" Harry asked me. Ugh. I guess it is time I tell him I'm going to the ball with Draco.

"Well, Fred upset me. So we're not on speaking terms." I close the book I was reading so I can give my full attention to Harry.

"By asking Angelina to the ball? Yeah, I really thought he would ask you too." Harry said truthfully. The words 'Angelina' and 'ball' threatened to make me cry. I swallowed.

"Yeah, well. Not only that, Harry. He got mad at me for looking good in my workout clothes." I looked down so Harry couldn't see my eyes glassing over.

"What did he say?" My overprotective brother was coming out. And honestly, I don't really feel like protecting Angelina and Fred right now.

"Well, I came to breakfast in my workout clothes and Fred said 'I'm not allowed to wear those anymore because 'I'm hot NOW and I shouldn't be bating the boys." I explain to Harry. His face heats up.

"So you're telling me, he told you, that you only were hot now that you've been working out?" Harry looks me in the eyes, almost making a tear drop down. I nod. "That's sick!" He exclaims disgusted.

"Then I told him he should go fuck himself."

"As you should." Harry smiled at me. "But really. Don't wear those clothes outside of working out." I giggled a little.

"Then he asked-" I stopped myself before I could cry. Harry noticed and walked over to me and hugged me. I cried for a little bit until I could rack up the courage to tell him I was going with the one person he hated the most. "Harry."

"Yeah, Hchee?"

"I got asked to the ball." He pulls away for a second.

"Really? That's great! By who?" Harry was being unusually supportive, seeing that he usually hated the mention of any boy liking me.

"Um. Draco Malfoy." I look up to meet his eyes, nervously biting my lip. His face goes from anger, to confusion.

"Did he seem genuine? Was it a prank?" He asked as calmly as he could in the moment. I shook my head. "Did you say yes?" I hesitated, but then nodded my head. Harry rolled his eyes and threw his arms around me and hugged me again before getting up.

"Where are you going?" I asked, when he was making his way up the stairs.

"To go beat the shit out of Fred!" He responded. I only giggled to myself, not believing him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Fred's POV) Something new eh?

Georgie and I were sitting on the floor of our dormitory, working on our usual daily activities, like developing Puking Pastils and reading. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. A rather angry knock if you ask me.

"If you don't open this fucking door right now I will break it down!" Harry's voice screamed through the door separating me from death. George looked at me and gave a little smile.

"You chose this." He said simply as he stood up to answer the door. I did feel bad for chasing Angelina over Holly, because well, I really like Holly. I only asked Angelina because I wanted to make her jealous. I didn't think about that being my last choice ever, or now that Angelina thinks I like her. "Morning' Harry." George said politely to Harry when he opened the door.

"Where is that loathl-" George cut him off by opening the door wide open. Shit. I stood up, ready to explain myself when Harry lunged at me. He tackled me to the floor. He sat on top of me and punched my face multiple times. I'm really letting myself getting beaten up by a fourth year. How humiliating. I did deserve it, though.

"Okay, that's enough." George said, pulling Harry off of me. He quickly stomped on George's foot, George releasing him. 

"Petrificus Totalus!" Harry screams, pointing his wand at George. George freezes, and topples over. I'm really in for it now. "Everte Statum!" I flip back several feet, crashing into the wall. That's going to hurt tomorrow. Harry stomps over to me and kicks me. "I should kill you right now, but that's going to hurt my sister more than you did. And I would never  want to hurt my sister like you did." He stomped out of the room waving his wand and dramatically slamming the door shut. I laughed to myself a bit. Potter's do love their dramatic exits. Harry's words did affect me, even though I tried to shrug it off. I hurt Holly? Badly? Godric... George starts to get up, and comes over to help me.

"I told you, you had it coming for you." George says smiling at his small victory.

"Shut it." I say coughing and wiping off my robes.

"Come on, let's get you to the hospital wing." George said, helping me walk down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Hollys POV)

I was walking down to dinner, when I felt an arm fly over my shoulder. I looked to see Draco.

"Hey, Draco." I smile at him.

"Potter," He says politely. That's the first time I've heard him say my last name without pure hatred. We continued walking like that, when we ran into my roommates/friends, and her.

"Holly, can I please talk to you?" Angelina pleaded. I rolled my eyes.

"What's there to talk about, Angelina. You knew I like Fred." I say absentmindedly, forgetting Draco was right beside me.

"Can we just talk... alone?"

"Nope. Anything you have to say, can be said in front of me AND Draco." I declare. She doesn't respond, but looks between the both of us. "Right, come on then, Draco." I pull Draco away, and into the Great Hall.

"Wait, Holly, stop." He stops me. "You like Fred?" 

"Um, yeah." I confessed. 

"That's okay. We'll go the ball as friends, okay?" Draco looked at me nicely. Maybe he wasn't as bad as I perceived him to be.

"Okay." I wrap my arms around him and hug him tightly. He hugs back.

"Hchee?" Fred says from behind me. I release Draco and turn to see hurt eyes, and a beat up face. Oh, so Harry wasn't joking.

"Fred. Don't call me that." I say, pushing past him. I sit with Hermione, Ron and Harry. I'm quiet all dinner, not paying attention to their conversation.

"Holly?" Ron asks, catching my attention. I stop playing with my mashed potatoes. 

"Yeah?" I asked tiredly.

"Did you hear any of that?" He asks me, nodding his head towards Angelina, Katie and Alicia. Hear what? I shake my head.

"Maybe you should stay in my dorm tonight..." Hermione sighs.

"Okay, thanks Hermione."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: wazzup