Chapter 21

Since I was staying in Hermione's dorm for Godric knows how long, I decided it would be a good idea to bring my mattress and blankets. "Capacious extremis" I mutter, extending my small bag to fit things like my toothbrush, and a few changes of clothes. I decided it would probably be better to leave my trunk here, to be less dramatic. I shoved my pillow and blankets in my bag. "Wingardium leviosa" My mattress starts to levitate, following close behind me as I make my way to Hermione's dorm. I'm about to knock on the door when Angelina, Alicia and Katie come by.

"Moving out, are you?" Angelina mocks. I roll my eyes. Why did she become such a bitch? She's the one that wronged me.

"Probably for the better, Angie." Alicia said giving me a nasty look. Oh so now ALL my friends hate me.

"Guys, remember what Harry did to Fred before you talk to her like that, okay?" Katie said, trying to do damage control. I weakly smiled at her. She made sure Alicia or Angie wasn't looking, and returned it.

"Right, because she's too pussy to stand up for herself." Angelina snickered, when the door flung open and Hermione grabbed me and yanked me in.

"You nasty girls! Don't you have anything better to do?" Hermione shot at them, slamming the door in their faces. "Now you know why I basically only associate myself with Harry and Ronald." She says frustrated.

"That doesn't seem to be paying off." I smile, remembering the conflict between them this afternoon. She sighs.

"Yeah, Ronald can be difficult sometimes, Harry's always been nice."

"Maybe he likes you." I shrug, not even believing myself. I knew he had a thing for Ginny, he just didn't know it himself.

"Harry? As if. He has a thing for Cho Chang." I laugh a little.

"Cho? Really? I thought he had a thing for Ginny." 

"His best friends sister? No way." She laughs.

"Hey, you just watch. I have sister's intuition." I say proudly. Hermione smiles at me.

"You know, Holly. I never expected you to be like Harry."

"What?" I asked confused.

"Well, I always thought you were a little rude, because you hung out with those.. girls." She says girls with a bit of hatred.

"They were my friends. Katie's still okay though." I shrug. Hermione lets out a sharp laugh.

"Are you mental? She's the one that said that nasty thing about you at dinner today. If anything she's even worse than Angelina." Really? So she was just being fake to my face.

"Godric, it's like I lost all of my friends!" A tear escapes my eye. I have been doing a lot of crying lately, but can you blame me? "The only person I'm relatively close with anymore is Harry and Lee! And even Lee has been avoiding me lately because of Fred and George." Hermione comes over and gives me a hug.

"Well, just your luck. You've got a new best friend." She smiled at me. I didn't know Hermione was this nice. Later in the night, Hermione's dorm mates, Lavender Brown, Pavarti and Padma Patil came in, happy to see they gained a new roommate. Their old roommate, who they don't speak of got expelled last year for who knows what. Hermione and I were going to talk to Mcgonagall tomorrow morning about me moving in permanently. They were really nice girls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a week before Christmas and the Yule ball, so today was crunch day for Christmas gifts and anything we would need for the dance. Unfortunately for me, I had already purchased gifts for the people who are no longer my friends. I only had a few more gifts to buy, which included Charlie Weasley and Harry. Harry was always difficult to buy for.. I'm not sure why though. Hermione and I were making our way to Hogsmeade to meet up with Harry and Ron at the Three Broomsticks.