f o u r

cut the decks, let us play」

Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea

When her five back-to-back lectures were finally over, Kwon Seulgi was more than ready to go home for a long nice nap. She barely slept a wink on the plane back to Korea since she was busy cramming for her test, and she was now entirely drained.

"Tired?"

"Very," she responded almost instantly.

It only registered a moment after that that the voice talking to her wasn't one of her brothers'. She slewed about, "Oh hello, Lee."

The beautiful boy inclined his head, "I was about to ask if you were free to start on the Literature project today, but i think you'd want to call a raincheck on that. Tomorrow at four?"

"Sure. See you at the Library," Seulgi smiled, throwing out finger-guns, "Be there or be square!"

Lee Taeyong looked amused at that. "One more thing, Seulg." He fished out a bottle of deodorant from his bag and shook it, then sprayed the woman's front. "Turn." Seulgi could barely believe the guts of this man, but she complied nonetheless, and a mist of fragance caressed her back. The boy capped the deodorant and moved a step closer, speaking quietly into her ear now. "Next time, shoot here," his fingers feathered lightly against a small of her spine. "And then let go of the body, fast. It should leave your skin and clothes less bloody." He removed his fingers, but stayed where he stood. "I didn't know the Kwons were back in action."

Seulgi turned about slowly, arching both her sculpted brows at him.

"Whoever said that I follow their command, pretty boy?"

Mark Lee loved mysteries.

When he was a kid, he'd huddle in the library, drowning in the middle of stacks of Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys books, reading his day away. He liked solving problems, connecting the dots, even though he was not very good at it. And a perfect example would be this particular instance.

"Wait, why is my hospitalization prolonged?"

His doctor gave him a pointed look, "Gee, I don't know. Maybe because you snuck out, right after the surgery and even before we could give you a final proper scan, to eat chicken?"

"Now, now, that's nothing to be jealous about. The chicken wasn't the best," Mark declared. "It tasted really bitter, in fact."

The doctor exhaled a sigh, "It's the anesthetic."

"But i rinsed my mouth!"