f o r t y - o n e

let the bullets fly,
oh let them rain

"You didn't tell me you were friends with the second-in-command of the Lee Clan," Soonyoung spluttered, jaw practically on the floor

Daniel snickered, "Friends wouldn't be the term I'd use to describe them."

The Lee Clan's second-in-command looked away at that. Not daring to make a comment. It wasn't exactly false, in his opinion.

The dark-haired girl, however, felt otherwise. She whacked her brother, turning to the wide-eyed Soonyoung. "Don't listen to this idiot's blabbering, Hosh, we're really just friends. He's my Literature project buddy."

Taeyong's lips quirked.

"What a small world," the young Kwon boy said, still looking extra shook. "Damn, South Korea is really too small."

The Lee boy cleared his throat loudly, trying to bring the three's attention back to the matters at hand. "So what's your grand plan?"

"He intends to kill himself."

Jungkook froze in step, nearly dropping the ropes in his hands.

"Do you really intend to grant him this favour?" Xu Minghao crossed his arms, leaning against the frame of Jungkook's room door. "It'd be his blood on your hands."

The younger boy's legs felt like jelly under him. He didn't know. He really didn't know. Death would send San to somewhere better most definitely, but what if he was doing something wrong? He had no right to decide the life and death of a man. He was no God.

"Think about it, Kook," the Xu boy said, straightening. "It's your call."

"I can't believe he really ditched me." Mark folded his arms pettily, frowning at Yongqin. "In the midst of these hard and trying times too!"

"Hard and trying times you created," the cattish boy pointed out matter-of-factly. "No one asked you to send Taeyong to kill the big guy and set his house on fire."

"I didn't tell Taeyong to set the Park Manor on fire," Mark said miserably. "He was acting on his own accord, it has nothing to do with me."

Yongqin looked like all he wanted was to bang his head onto the table and kill himself, "But you did ask him to kill the big guy."

Of course. It was a this or his life thing, and damn right the Canadian wanted to live. "I had no real choice."

Yongqin leaned back, resting into the cushion of his swivel chair. "You had," he mused, sucking his drink from a bitten straw. "They were just options you preferred not considering."