t h r e e

the white woman's three children

The Venetian Macao, Estrada da Baía de N

The Venetian Macao,
Estrada da Baía de N. Senhora da Esperança, s/n, Taipa, Macao SAR, P.R. China

"Bet. Ten million from Mr Fong. And you, Mr Dwan?"

The French man drummed his fingers, then flicked two blue tabs towards the center of the table. "Raise."

"Raise. Twenty million from Mr Dwan. Gentlemen, it's time to show arms."

The poker dealer picked up the cards slid from the left side of the table and rearranged the cards with the original four on the table.

"Two 6s from Mr Johnson. That's a Three of a Kind."

He retracted the cards from Mr Johnson and collected the next two from the Chinese man sitting directly across him. "One Spades 2 and one Spades 4 from Mr Fong. That's a flush."

The dealer repeated his previous process, this time taking Mr Dwan's cards. "One Spades 5 and one Spades 7 from Mr Dwan. That's a straight flush. Congratulations, that's a victory to you sir."

The French man smirked.

"Gentlemen, we've been playing for a total of four hours now," the dealer rubbed his hands together, "We'll be resuming after a half an hour break."

A server ran up to the French man at that, whispering the message he was sent to pass along uncomfortably, "Sir, your wife calls for you."

"Is that so?" he murmured, his smirk growing wider. "I shall not let my babygirl wait for long then."

"That's right, Mr Dwan."

Kwon Seulgi reloaded her glock, pressing it against the bounded and wide-eyed woman's temple, "You shall not."

The hotel door clicked open and Choi San turned to raise a his wine glass at the French man.

"Ça faisait longtemps, n'est-ce pas, monsieur? (It's been awhile, hasn't it, sir?)" The Korean man smiled, taking deliberate slow steps from the balcony to where the wide-eyed, jaw slackened man stood. "Don't look so shocked, now. You know why I'm here."

Mr Dwan took a jerky step back, then froze when he felt the mouth of something cold and metal pressed against the back of his head.

Kang Daniel cocked his head, now directly speaking into the French man's ear, the mouth of his gun trailing down to the man jagular, "Ou pensiez-vous vraiment qu'une telle somme pourrait disparaître du compte bancaire de ma famille sans être remarquée? (Or did you really think that such a huge amount could vanish from my family's bank account unnoticed?)" He shoved the man into the room and kicked shut the door.