Chapter 5

Alyssa continues to smile. She looks at Snake, and then to me, and worry seems to fill her eyes. She figured out we must know each other. Through all the noise of the other souls around here, she must not have heard me say his name. I feel Snakes eyes staring deeply into mine. A look of anger, yet confusion fill his eyes. His eyes. His deep ocean blue eyes. Snake was always a good looking guy, and in middle school we both used to be friends and I even liked him. Brittany hates me of course and took him from me. Snake and I had a bad past, but now things may change for the better, at least that's what I'm hoping.

"Hey...Raven." He says to me. I can hear in his voice how nervous he's getting. I begin to feel hot. I look at Alyssa and she can tell that I'm begging for her to break the awkwardness.

"Well," she starts. "I guess you both know each other." We both look at each other, sorrow begins to fill Snakes eyes. I feel my eyes beginning to water, I want to cry so badly. Alyssa has a dumbfound look on her face, trying to decide what to do next. I take a deep breath, I can't stand being here with Snake. Too many memories of the past, and so much hatred between us in the present. I look at Alyssa. She looks at me with pleading eyes, she looks at both of us with pleading eyes. She wants us both to stay, wants us both to get along. If only she knew what he did to me, I don't think we can get along well. I don't want to ruin the friendship they have, but I don't want to start another one with Snake either.

"I'm gonna go," I say. "I need to see Jennifer." I begin to walk off, not sure where to go. I never actually walked to her office. I could snap my fingers and teleport myself there, but I want to at least get a good distance from Alyssa and Snake before I do that. I start to walk a little bit.

"WAIT!" Alyssa shouts at me. I turn around and look at her. She wraps her arms around me and gives me a big hug. She then puts her face close to my ear. "What happened between you two? How do you know him?" I feel tears straining to come out of my eyes. I can trust her, but I just don't want to ruin their friendship. Snake is a pretty nice guy, or he used to be, but I just can't hurt Alyssa like that. She's broken as it is and I don't want to be the cause of her getting broken even more.

"It's nothing." I say in a shaky voice. "Don't worry about it. But I'm gonna go." She simply nods her head at me. She runs back to Snake and he picks her up and spins her around in a big hug. I feel tears slipping down my face as I turn around, snap my fingers, and appear in Jennifer's office. She's sitting at her desk, doing some paper work. She turns around and looks at me. She added a mirror in her room since when I was last here. I looked at my face. My face is sad stained with tears and my eyes had a broken look to them. Jennifer has a sad look coming over her face. She looks as if she's about to cry. She gets up quick, wearing boot heels, she awkwardly runs over to me and wraps her arms around me.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" She asks me with a worried look. I begin crying my eyes out.

"Snake." I say, gasping for air. "He's here too. Him and Alyssa are good friends. He's gonna take her from me." I began sobbing loudly. Jennifer begins rubbing my back and telling me everything's going to work out. I continue to cry, Snake ruined my life. He won't hesitate to ruin it again. I keep trying to forget about our past and how I liked him and how we used to be friends, but now all the memories are rushing back into my mind. I see flashes of us as friends, hugging and laughing. I see it all clear as day, all these events that feel as if they happened yesterday. One event though, one event I don't remember too well, buts its flashing right before my eyes.

We were at a party. It was Snakes older brother having a party. He was 21 at the time. His parents were out of town so his brother invited a lot of people over for a party. Snake wanted me to come so he wouldn't be all alone. I came, and there were drugs and drinks. Snake started drinking. I told him to stop, but he wouldn't listen. He kept drinking, and then even got me doing it. After we drank a good amount, someone handed us weed and we began smoking it. We got insanely high, and then Snake carried me up to his room bridal style. He locked the door. He playfully threw me on the bed and got on top of me. Instantly he began placing kisses on my neck and I moaned. Then, things got hot. We began taking off each others clothes, making out with tongues, and then, he entered me. He didn't even put a condom on but he entered me. We had sex that night, and that night we were both too high and drunk to even remember it. He pulled out after a little bit and came all over me, and once he did, his phone was ringing. It was Brittany. He was dating her at the time when it happened. He answered and told her he was coming all over me. I heard her sobs on the phone, but I decided to just laugh. After he hung up, he kissed me passionately on the lips and said he loved me.