Chapter 24

~1 more chapter after this one~

When I open the door, I see Jake and Snake standing in a giant circular room. I run to both of them and wrap my arms around them.

                "I missed you guys so much." I say to them. I let go of them and look at both of them to see fear in their eyes.

                "Why do you think all three of us are together?" Jake asks with worry in his voice.

                "I don't know." I say to him. "I just know that this is our final challenge. We can't fail at whatever it is or we'll be sent to Hell with no point of return. We just need to stick together and try our best."

                "I doubt we'll be able to do that." Snake says. "The challenges weren't that easy. We'll be lucky if we make it out of this alive."

                "You just need to have faith." I say. After I say that, there's a loud bang. We all turn around to see Master Jester looking at us with a wide smile on his face.

                "Why hello." He says to us. "I must say I am quite impressed that all three of you managed to survive your first four challenges. Now we have the final challenge, and this is usually the hardest one for anyone to deal with. I won't tell you any major clues, what's going to happen, or give you another chance if you fail. All I can tell you is you might want to be careful of your emotions." With that, Master Jester snaps his fingers and vanishes.

                All that's left is me, Snake, and Jake. We're all standing in the room, looking and waiting for something to happen. Nothing does for a while and I begin to grow tired. Right when I'm about to sit on the floor, I see the most horrific sight in front of me.

                I look right in front of me to see my father beating my mother. Instantly tears begin to pour down my face. I collapse on the floor. I feel Jake and Snake right by my side.

                "It's okay Raven." Jake says to me. "Everything is going to be okay." Then, suddenly the scene changes. I see myself in front of me next, and I see myself holding a blade. I walk over to Jake, takes the blade, and slides it across my wrist. Jake begins crying. Instantly I run over to him, trying to calm him down and to tell him I didn't actually do it. That's when the scene changes again.

                Brittany is standing in front of Snake with Dominick. Both of them begin making out.

                "I never loved you." Brittany says to Snake. "And I never wanted you." They both continue making out while Snake begins crying his eyes out. I run over to him, trying to comfort him. That's when I see Jake slicing his wrist.

                I pull away from Snake and let the tears fall down my face. I look around, waiting for someone to help me when I realize that no one's here. No one's going to help me. I look over to Jake to see that he sees me having sex with Snake; I know that his heart is breaking. I look over to Snake to see his mom and dad getting into a physical fight; neither one of them has time for me. They're too wrapped up in their own problems.

                I look back in front of me to see myself as a little girl in a dark alley, getting raped by those kids my mom let me hang around. More tears fall down my face. All of these terrible things that happen, and no one there to save me or to even care. I feel my heart slowly breaking, and it's breaking so bad that it brings me to the point where I want to die.

                I look over to Jake to see that I'm still having sex with Snake. Then, I see his tears stop. Jake begins to calm down.

                "Jake!" I call his name. He looks directly at me in the eyes, waves goodbye, and then vanishes.

                Confusion takes over me quickly. I begin to think quickly. How was Jake able to escape all of this? I begin thinking hard. All my life I've been told this, and even here. I begin thinking hard, back to every little piece of advice I was given. And then it hits me.

                "You need to just let go of everything. When that final battle happens, as hard as it will be for you to focus on yourself, you need to let go of everyone and forget about everything around you and focus on only you. Don't let anyone get in your way. You need to let go of everything and just focus on the task in front of you."

                Jake told me that.

                "You need to forget everything around you, everything that ever happened to you, and just let everything go."

                " and you need to let go of Jake and Snake."               

                "You need to stay strong. Give up cutting, give up on everything. You need to let go now."

Ralph told me all of these things.

Looking at all the things people said to me, it finally makes sense. In order for me to escape this place I have to face my biggest fear; letting go.

I look at the scene in front of me to see that it's of me getting beaten up by the kids who used to bully me. I look at the scene, and begin taking deep breaths. It's all in the past now, there's no point in dwelling on it anymore. I then take a few more deep breaths, letting it go. My whole life flashes before my eyes, all the horrible memories; I begin taking deep breaths and continue to let go of them all. Finally, they all stop. Time stands still now. There's no more images in front of me or flashbacks or anything. Now I'm looking at the same room when I first came in. All that's left in here is Snake. I look at him to see him crying his eyes out. I walk over to him. Give him a hug. He looks at me with pleading eyes, begging me not to leave him.

"I'm sorry Snake." I say to him. "I'll always love you, but it's time for me to move on now. I'm finally letting everything go." With those being my final words, the world around me fades away and I'm finally out of the Hospital for Souls. 

That is all for this chapter! Yes, there is one more left! This chapter was pretty insane, she's finally out! Jake got out! But what about Snake? Please let me know what you guys have thought of this story! Please vote/comment and tell me what you think! I need constructive critisism! (idk how to spell that) Let me know how you felt this story went, what I should've done different etc. Maybe let me know what kind of story you want me to do next....

I do have a story in the works right now and it's going to be called "Masquerade"! After Hospital for Souls I will put that one up so please check it out! (No it is not a sequal)

Alright my patients, that is all for this. Just stay tuned for the final chapter because I promise it will blow your minds! 

That is all so BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!