Chapter XV

•// Chapter 15.\\•
I used to hear a simple song. That was until you came along.

|--------------------------|

|---------------------------|

It was a pleasant day. Everyone is enjoying every second of their Christmas vacation.

The snow stopped just yesterday and everyone decided that today was a nice day to bond with their friends, lovers, and family.

Taehyung and Jungkook strolled around the grassy hills, looking for a suitable place for their picnic.

"How about there? Under the tree, so we'll have a shade from the sun." Jungkook pointed at the aforementioned area.

"Okay, sounds good to me." Taehyung smiled. His arms linked with the raven head as they walked slowly.

Days passed by and Taehyung grew weaker and weaker every day but still manages to do his bucket list because he was eager to.

Jungkook felt as if the elder will leave him any day, so he decided to spend time with Taehyung ad much as he can.

They sat down after placing their blanket on the ground, along with the foods and drinks that they brought.

Tarhyung smile as he takes on the scenery before him. Colourful flowers, green and soft looking grasses, trees with a small amount of snow on top of them, and the blue sky with white fluffy clouds.

"Jungkook, when I die—"

"No, now's not the time, Tae." Jungkook interrupted immediately. He didn't want to hear that phrase for now. Or ever.

"But—"

"Kim Taehyung," Jungkook spoke with authority. The aforesaid male pouted and let out a sigh.

"Let's enjoy this day for now, okay? Let's not think about tomorrow or the future, let's just enjoy today, is that okay with you?" Jungkook held Taehyung's hands.

The elder nodded his head silently. His head was unable to throw away the topic, the thought of him dying.

It was like his mind always reminded him that he has a limited time and that sooner or later, he'll be in a hospital bed, unable to do anything considering that he was getting weaker as days go by.

His eyes landed on Jungkook veiny hands interlocked with his.

"You know... I never ate butterflies but I always feel a bunch of them flying around when I'm with you..." Taehyung murmured, his eyes looking anywhere but Jungkook.

"What— did I just heard Kim Taehyung flirt? OooOo~" Jungkook poked Taehyung's side with a cheeky and playful grin.

Taehyung smiled before letting out a small laugh, "Well, I learned that from you, Mister." He said and gently tickled the other's chin.

They both let out a giggle. Serotonin boosting as they spoke with each other.

Jungkook's eyes sparkled as he watches Taehyung laughing. His lips stretched out the widest smile he didn't know he could do. They were just enjoying the moment. Nothing in their minds but the thought of them being so happy together.

"I like this. I like you." Jungkook said, out of nowhere.

Taehyung stopped abruptly, "What was that?" He asked, genuinely confused as he didn't hear what the other said.

"I said, I like to watch you laugh," Jungkook said.

"I like to watch you laugh, too, Kookie," Taehyung responded.

Jungkook opened the basket and pulled out a sandwich before handing it over to Taehyung.

"Oh, thank you." The elder bowed a little.

Jungkook got himself a sandwich and banana milk.

"You know, I used to hate picnics. I didn't know why people would put their cute blankets on the ground and sit on them because it looks uncomfortable, to be honest." The younger started.

"And they bring food and drinks with them. Like, why can't they just eat in a restaurant instead? It's more comfortable that way..."

"But then today I realised that even if your butt feels numb for sitting on the ground for too long, it just doesn't matter as long as you like the person you're with," Jungkook said before looking at Taehyung who looked confused.

"You like me?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook shrugged before eating his sandwich.

"You like me?" Taehyung repeated his question.

"I like to be with you," Jungkook answered.

Taehyung continued to stare at the younger who acted like he can't see Taehyung gazing at him.

"Really?" The elder asked once again.

"Yes." Jungkook turned to look at Taehyung.

In a blink of an eye, Jungkook could feel something on his lips.

What...

Taehyung immediately pulled away,

"I'm sorry, I—"

Jungkook cupped Taehyung's cheeks and placed his lips on his.

|--~🐰End of Chapter VII🐯~--|

Nothing, just besties kissing, nothing more. 😌😏

Stay safe! Soft chap before I