Paybacks a Bitch

It had been a week since Artemis little chat with the "dead" son of Poseidon. Now of course she was on a solo hunt to cool off while her hunters had been taken to Olympus by her annoying brother. Apollo the God of the Sun and medicine had always been the very thing she despises, but again he was her brother.

She pulled the string back on her bow and let the arrow fly piercing the cyclops eye instantly killing it. Artemis didn't even stay to watch the monster turn to the golden dust as she ran through the woods after more monsters to kill.

She ran for a couple of minutes until coming upon a small clearing where a few hellhounds were sleeping. Careful to not make any noise she jumped up into a nearby tree and getting into position for killing the monsters.

Just as she was about to let the arrow fly a roar sounded from the other side of the clearing. Then there was silence. As she was about to continue with the hunt a massive drakon slithered out of the woods from the other side.

It was thirty feet long and eight feet high with thick obsidian scales covering its giant snake like body. Artemis turned her bow forwards the drakon and fired an arrow. To her utter disbelief it just bounced off the drakon scales.

Unfortunately for her she caught its attention and it started its path of massive destruction to her. The moon godess turned around and ran as fast as she could trying to avoid the fire being spit at her.

"At least it doesn't have wings or I would really be screwed," Artemis mumbled in between breaths. She ran until being met with the edge of a cliff.

Then a lightbulb appeared. Figuratively and literally. She could only guess that it was her annoying brother Apollo trying to be a smart ass.

She's a godess that can turn into her true divine form and destroy the monster. Or just turn into her divine form and leave. Of course her pride would never let her do that. If only it would.

After spending a second thinking about stupid she was she started glowing gold until her body was just a big bright golden light.

She heard a roar and turned back to her mortal form. Though as soon as she was back she felt something slam into her before she could see what it was.

Next thing she knew was that she was free falling down a hundred and thirty foot drop into a river. She would not close her eyes and die a coward. She was going to die with her eyes open like a true huntress would.

She would reform but, it would be a decade or so. 

As she was twenty feet from impact she was grabbed from behind and pulled back up to the edge. She couldn't believe it. She wasn't going to die. She knew that whoever had saved her was going to be rewarded from her father.

When the mysterious person dropped her on the edge she swung her head around to find that same damn drakon landing in the grass about ten feet from her.

"Why does the fucking thing have to have wings," she growled to no one in particular.

If that monster survived her godly form then it was very powerful and could possibly only be killed by one of the big three. Just as she thought that she was going to die an arrow flew from the forest and into the drakons head temporarily stunning it.

A man in black armour ran from the trees drawing a pen. Artemis was sure that this man was going to die. Stupid male bringing a pen to kill a very powerful monster.

The man was a few feet from the monster when he took the cap off his pen that elongated into a dark black sword that seemed to draw the shadows to it. With her godly sight Artemis was able to see the word Anaklusmos inscribed at the top of the hilt.

It was the Great hero Perseus Jackson. It was the man who had threatened her hunters. If the monster didn't kill him then she would.

The drakon turned and swung its tail trying to hit the man. He jumped above the monsters tail and used his momentum to bring his sword down severing the tail from its body.

Roaring in pain and anger it charged him again ready to bite his head off. When the monster opened its mouth to finish him the demigod threw his sword into its throat officially ending the drakon's breathing.

He ran and slapped the watch on his left hand to which a shield sprang out and jumped on the monsters head. Using one hand to hold on to one of its scales and the other to bash its head in with the shield.

The drakon was finally able to buck the man off but, was left with the sword lodged in its throat.

The son of Poseidons little distraction had caused the drakon to forget about the sword in its throat. Slowly the monster died turning into dust leaving only a skeleton in its place.

Taking his helmet off Percy went and retrieved his sword making sure not to make eye contact with moon godess. "Really you can come here and save me and threaten my hunters but, you can't even look me in the eye," Artemis asked incredulously?

Obviously she was pissing him off because he turned glared at her, his eyes were a very dark sea green that seemed to glow almost black. "Look I just saved your life and you remember your little promise to me, well it's about time you start helping me because I have a shit load of work to do. Actually we have a shit load of work to do," Percy grinned evily.

Artemis stood rooted to the spot at how much disrespect this demigod was showing. "I am a goddess, an Olympian for that matter and you stand there telling me that I'm going to do whatever you say?"

"Well you don't have to but, I could just go kill all of your hunters right now if you'd like," he asked grinning like a maniac.

"Fine I'll help you but, at least tell me everything from the moment you died up to now, including why Zoe's sword is now black and not celestial bronze."

He nodded before turning around and swiftly running into the forest. Artemis had to use her godly speed to catch up to him. After running for about an hour he stopped causing her to bump into him.

"What the hell was that Perseus?"

"I didn't get to have my morning jog because I had to save you from that stupid drakon."

Having enough of this she kneed him in his manhood making him double over holding the crown jewels for a few minutes.

"Paybacks a Bitch isn't it,"Artemis laughed at him?

After he had recovered from his attack he got up and started glaring at her. "Alright we need to get to Olympus but, we have to take the long way or else the plan won't work. Oh and uh your going to have to listen to everything I say whether you like it or not," he smirked smugly before walking in the direction of Olympus.