Fighting Death...Literally

"Well, that pretty much sums it up," Percy said as he stared at the Primordial of the pit.

Tartarus chuckled a little before pulling himself together and grinning at the son of Poseidon.

"Since you are the greatest hero to ever live, you will face against three of the most deadliest opponents in the universe. Your first match will begin in one hour so you had better get ready. Oh and before I forget, I have given you the ability to use your full power down here in the pit. Wouldn't want you to be held back because you couldn't use your full extent of powers."

"Um, thanks I guess."

"Oh don't thank me yet. You haven't even seen who your first opponent is yet."

The color rapidly drained from Percy's face as he looked at the primordial.

"Lets not wait. I want to go ahead and get this thing over with."

Tartarus grinned and looked at him. "Close your eyes so I can take you to my arena."

Both Percy and Reyna, who had been very quiet during this whole ordeal, closed their eyes and waited to open them until Tartarus told them to.

They could feel their body's slowly being ripped apart and put back together again as Tartarus transported them to his special arena.

The agonizing pain of being ripped apart and being put back together again was finally over after a few moments.

"You can open your eyes now."

Reyna was the first to open her eyes and what she saw made her scream, which caused Percy to snap his eyes open.

The arena was definitely old, that's for sure. It had probably been almost as beautiful as the colessuim in Rome, but the many years of use and lack of care seemed to have taken its toll on the building.

Though, that wasn't the part that made the proud daughter of Bellona scream, no, it was the blood and guts plastered to the walls, the stands, and ground.

Monsters stood in the stands, eager to see another battle take place.

It just happened that the next battle was to be Percy and his opponent.

Tartarus walked to the middle of the massive arena and snapped his fingers. A microphone appeared in his hands.

"Welcome, monsters, demons, and other terrifying creatures of the night! Today we have a guest that many of you know. His name is..." Tartarus waited a second, " Nightblade, Assassin of Hades and Champion of Chaos!"

An eerie silence took over as the monsters stared in fear to the most powerful enemy they could make, other than Chaos.

The Primordial of the Pit frowned at the monsters responses.

Reyna stood there afraid of all the monsters that surrounded them. There had to have been fifty or so thousand.

Percy on the other hand just stood there, an emotionless mask covered his face, but you could see his nervousness in his eyes if you looked closely.

He gave Reyna's hand a reassuring squeeze before making his way over to Tartarus who had thrown his microphone away.

"I expect that you will keep any harm from coming to Reyna," Percy said, an edge was definitely evident in his voice.

If Percy wanted to, he could destroy Tartarus and the Primordial knew that very well.

"Yes, yes, the daughter of Bellona will not be harmed. She shall sit with me on my personal balcony. Now, to begin with your first opponent."