Frozen Lightning

Later that day an explosion was heard from the throne room of Olympus. The cause of this. Well the answer is simple really. Percy Jackson and his over sized pet cat trying to piss off Zeus in any way possible.

"What did I tell you? That monster is not allowed in my throne room. Now look at what it has done. My throne has been destroyed and that thing hasn't been punished for it," Zeus yelled.

"Brother it was your fault. You tried to kill the beast. It just decided to get a little revenge."

"I don't need your input Hades."

"How about mine then Zeus," Nightblade asked with a hint of amusement in his voice. "Your pet has destroyed my throne and it deserves to be punished."

"Zeus you tried to kill my pet and you expect him to not get a little revenge? I am about three seconds from breaking your nose and throwing your ass into the void for this disrespect!"

Now there were very few times when Percy had lost his temper, but when he did you could consider yourself dead.

"Zeus I have had enough of this. You have had too much time as King of Olympus. I hereby dethrone you to a regular member of this council and place Hades as its ruler. Poseidon will lead the army of Olympus. You will not defy me or else face the consequences."

The council was in shocked silence. That was until Hades jumped off his throne and laughed at his brother. "Ha my own personal assassin has the power to dethrone you."

Then the Lord of the underworld realised his mistake. "Oh shit."

"Really Hades. You just had to do that didn't you. Well there goes the mystery of who my original master is," Nightblade sighed.

"You have had a personal assassin and didn't inform us of this. Treachery, you shall be sentenced to Tartarus for this," Zeus shouted as his master bolt appeared in his right hand as he prepared to launch it at his eldest brother.

Percy knew that he had only a matter of seconds before that bolt was launched at his uncle and world war three started.

If he was going to stop it then he better start now and what better way to stop it then with some stupid idea he had. His plan involved a power that only two others had control over. Time.

If demigods inherited their powers from their parents then why couldn't Gods inherit them from their parents and pass them down to their children.  As Zeus released the ultimate lightning bolt from his hand and sent it torward Hades, Percy started to focus on his powers and try to reach into each and every one of them too see if he had some control over time.

Finally he found it and started to focus on slowing down time around the bolt.

It wasn't much, but it gave his uncle time to shadow travel across the throne room just as the ultimate lightning bolt blasted through the throne room doors.

"Damn, didn't actually think that would work."

"You have the power over time too? Why didn't you tell me sooner," Hades questioned.

"To be honest Lord Hades, I had no idea I could even do that. Now I know and it could really help out in the future. Though since it worked because of my crazy idea I believe that I have the potential to possess every power there is."

"How is that even possible. You couldn't have gotten that from your godly parent. Unless there's something he didn't tell me."

"Wait you know his true identity," Poseidon asked?

"Yes I know the boys godly parent. Still though, I can't believe he was able to control our fathers power."

"Well I will have to explain where my crazy idea came from another time because I have to get back to New Rome," Percy said as he turned back to his theatrical uncle and threw him his master bolt back.