Chapter 18: Memories

The saddest part of life is when the person who gave you the best memories becomes a memory.

It has been 15 days and Baekhyun is recovering quite well. Haru and Hye Yoon left just a week now. They were about to leave even before that but the others insisted.

"Woah! I am so full~ I am never gonna get tired of Ramen!" Said Jongdae, leaning back on his chair.

You put your chopsticks down and stood up from your chair and threw the packet in the dustbin. Baekhyun was in his room so you decided to take his food there.

You opened the wrapper of the instant Ramen. You added all the spices to it and at the end, you took a whole load of cheese and coated the noodles with it. You opened the microwave and kept it inside.

After a few minutes, it was done. You took it out and placed it on a plate. You went upstairs and knocked twice. When there was no response, you entered. There was no one in the room. You sighed, placing the food on his table and covering it with another plate.

You turned around, ready to leave, but you were about to trip over something. You looked down and saw a box. You frowned and picked it up.

Out of curiosity, you opened the box. You saw a framed picture. You took the picture in your hand. You were there, with him. You both were smiling widely.

Your forehead creased in confusion when suddenly, your head started throbbing in pain. Your grip on the picture tightened and you stumbled backwards, holding your head with your hand.

"I am Kim Yeonhwa."

"Why do I feel like I need to protect you?"

"Without even me realising, you became someone really special to me."

"I missed you so much. Don't ever leave like this."

"Why am I disappointed that you are not even trying to stop me?"

"Where are you, Byun Baekhyun?"

"I love you. But why did I realise it so late? Why now when I can't even tell you this?"

"Will you ever come back?"

Tears brimmed down your eyes as your heart clenched. All the memories that you left behind was coming back, one by one but with a nostalgia. You mumbled while smiling, "I missed you, Byun Baekhyun."

You looked at the letter in the box. You picked it up and started reading it, word by word. Your eyes widened as you read the whole thing. He was the one? Then, why wasn't he the one to appear there? Why did someone else take his place?

You were feeling happy, sad, confused and heartbroken. Adrenaline Rush. It would be the best word to explain your feelings right now.

You wiped your tears away and suddenly, Baekhyun entered the room. His eyes widened when he saw the photo in your hand. He turned around, ready to leave, because he didn't want to answer your questions but what you said stopped.

"So, we met again, huh?"

'Sh-She remem-remembered?' He asked himself and turned around to look at you. You bit your lips, trying your best not to burst into tears.

"Would you believe me if I say that I missed you?"

He cursed under his breath. He was not ready, he was not ready to answer your questions. He was not ready to confess that he is a coward. Not yet.