Chapter 1: Guns and Blood

Life is definitely a bed of roses. Just be ready for the thorns to hurt you.

Tying your hair up in a pony tail, you check if there are any stains on your white apron and then wash off the red coloured thick liquid off your hands. Blood.

The thing you are scared of the most. It makes you nauseous and tells you things which you wanted to forget a long time ago.

You looked at yourself in the mirror and a smile crept up to your face, you are satisfied and proud of yourself.

You were happy that you could save a person once again today. Everytime you save someone, you feel better about yourself that's why you love to do it.

You took a mug which was filled by coffee and took a sip of it. It immediately calmed your mind and made you feel refreshed. The smooth, brown milk created a contrast with the mug. The lustrous texture, topped with chocolate crumbles outdated the effect created by the coffee beans which were placed on a small bowl. The vibrant aroma seemed to have extricated itself from the thick cream coating over the surface; penetrating deep into your nose which calmed your soul down.

When you were about to take another sip of your perfectly made coffee, you heard someone.

"DOCTOR KIM! DOCTOR KIM! Hurry, it's an emergency!" You saw a nurse and without thinking twice, you rushed out of your cabin and followed her.

She led you inside the ER but before entering, you saw a group of 4-5 boys standing outside the room with a worried expression. They seemed oddly familiar but you left that thought behind, it isn't the most important thing right now.

The doors of the ER got closed and soon, you were handed a pair of gloves and a mask. You quickly wore that and walked towards the patient who was apparently unconscious but the blue shirt he was wearing was covered with blood. Ugh, you have to deal with blood once again.

The nurses took his shirt off and you saw an injury on the side of his stomach. It was quite deep but that wasn't the only injury, there were some bruises on his arm. When you were checking his arm, you saw that familiar tattoo there which had "B.Y." written there.

You suddenly felt nauseous when some blurry scenarios were playing inside your head and you stumbled backwards, holding your head.

"Doctor Kim, are you okay?" Asked Minhyuk, who was another doctor, while holding your arm so that you don't fall.

You shook your head and when you became stable again, you said, "Ah yes, thank you. Let's focus on the patient."

He nodded and you shook away all the thoughts, but it was quite weird, wasn't it?

You took a close look at his injury and understood that it wasn't any ordinary one, he got hit by a bullet. Your eyes widened when you thought about bullets and gunshots, is he probably a-

"Doctor Kim, I guess you should take some rest. I am here, you don't seem fine." Said Minhyuk but you shook your head.

"No, I'm completely fine." You refused once again and ignored all those flashbacks which you want to forget.

You took a twizzer and tried to take the bullet out of his body and you started to feel nervous. You grabbed the bullet with the twizzer and with all your hopes, you successfully took the bullet out.

A smile of relief made it's way to your face and you wiped off the sweat which formed at the side of your forehead.

You started to wrap his wound up and you know that it's not the time to express it but he has a really good body shape with his fine abs which made you blush just a little- okay, it made you go crazy.