Chapter 17: Afraid of Losing you

We know they are truly sad when they say that they are used to it.

Two days. It has been two freaking days and Baekhyun is still unconscious. That night, you guys brought him home and you treated his wounds. Even though you are not a neurologist, you know the basics of it. You have observed most of the surgeries Dr. Lee Minhyuk did.

That night, Haru and Hye Yoon stayed here. They will be staying here until Baekhyun is awake. And you don't think you can sleep peacefully now. What happened to Hye Yoon seemed a bit too much for you. You are still scared of letting them go home.

When Hye Yoon woke up, she was obviously scared. You told her that all of it was just a nightmare. That little child shouldn't be traumatized, she already went through a lot.

You were a bit confused as you know there are bodyguards guarding them but why weren't they there? When you asked Haru about it, he said that he resisted on going alone. He felt weird walking around with Bodyguards 24/7 as he is a man too.

Morning came but nothing looked okay. They guys were awfully quiet. How can you even expect them to act okay when their leader is unconscious for the past two days?

Just like always, you got inside Baekhyun's room. He was still laying there, with the white bandage around his head. You sighed.

You sat on the small chair and wiped his hands with a small towel. Even though his face was a little pale, he still managed to look breathtaking.

"When will you be awake?" You mumbled to yourself and admired his face. You suddenly remembered that you have to call Minhyuk.

You stood up from the chair and dialled his number. In its third ring, he picked it up.

"Hello, Minhyuk-sshi?" You asked.

'Hello, Dr.Kim. How is everything going in UK?'

Yes, you lied. You lied to them that you'll be shifting to UK as you obviously can't tell them 'Hey! I am joining underworld so bye!'

"Everything is going fine. Thank you for asking. How is everything going on in Korea?"

"Everyone is working well though we miss you. Even the patients are asking for you."

"Oh, is that so?" You suddenly miss everyone there. Your colleagues, your patients, the nurses, your cabin. You earned respect and love when you worked as a doctor.

'When you come back to Korea, don't forget to inform us!

You called him through Viber so that he wouldn't suspect. You gulped down the lump in your throat and said, "I won't. Hopefully, we'll meet again."

After a pause, you asked, "Well, Minhyuk-sshi, I kind of need your help. Since you are one of the biggest neurologists I know, I decided to ask you."

"It would be my pleasure to help you."

You smiled. He is still as sweet as ever. You said, "One of my friend got hurt on his head by a rod about two days ago. I did all the things necessary but he is still unconscious. Is this something serious? Do we need to take him to the hospital or something?"

"Well, it depends. If he got hurt really badly, there is a high possibility he'll lose his memories. And here, it looks he is badly hurt, considering the time he is taking for recovering. But I suggest you to wait for one more day. If he still isn't awake, you can take him to the hospital."

Lose his memories? That means he is gonna forget everyone? Including you?

"Thank you so much for your help. I will keep on informing you about his condition."

Opposite Ways [ A Baekhyun FanFic]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें