Chapter 24: Too Good To Be True

And remember, stars can't shine without darkness.

You hummed as you made your way down the stairs. You were smiling from ear to ear as you brightly greeted everyone, "Good morning everyone!!"

"Good morning, noona!" Greeted Sehun as you took a seat beside him. Kai suspiciously eyed you, "You seem to be in a good mood, Yeonhwa. Did something good happen?"

"Nothing~" You sang happily, "And don't you think you should start calling me noona like Sehun?"

You threw a strawberry in your mouth and Kai shrugged, "You are just a day older."

None of the guys knows that you and Baekhyun are dating. When you both came back last night, you were still awkward to talk to him so you both kind of avoided each other.

He narrowed his eyes at you and mumbled to himself, "My 5 senses says something is fishy."

On the other hand, Chanyeol walked to you guys while rubbing his eyes. He greeted everyone in a low voice, "Good morning."

You looked at him and smiled, "Omo! Yeollie is up! Did you have a nice sleep?" You batted your eyelashes at him and he took a few steps back due to shock. He stuttered, "Di-Did I do something wrong?"

"Of course you didn't!"

He looked at everyone in shock to see that they had the same reaction. Kyungsoo said, "Baekhyun hyung isn't up yet. Someone should wake him up."

You volunteered, "I am gonna do it. You guys can rest now as you just woke up." You stood up from your seat and happily jogged your way to his room.

Twisting the knob, you stepped into his room. His room was a little messy, papers were scattered on his table. Your eyes fell on him, who was peacefully sleeping on the bed. You smiled and walked to him. You called him, gently shaking his shoulders, "Baekhyun-ah, wake up. Everyone's waiting. Wake up."

He groaned in irritation before opening his eyes. The moment he saw you, he smiled a little. He sat up on the bed before chuckling, "You are already acting like my wife, huh?"

All your blood crept up to your cheeks. You stuttered, "I-I-I just–" You were cut off when he suddenly grabbed your hand and pulled you closer to him. You could feel your heart in your throat as he stared at your face. He brought his hand to your cheek and slightly caressed it. "I still can't believe that you are mine now. Everything feels like a dream. And even if this is a dream, please don't wake me up."

You smiled and gently held his hand, rubbing it in a comforting way. He suffered as much as you did, actually, more than you. You are glad that he waited for you. Even when that there was no way for you guys to meet each other again, he made a way. You said, "This is not a dream. I am here in front of you and I won't disappear. Never again."

He smiled and you stood properly. "Get up now. They are waiting." He stood up and headed to the washroom. In the meantime, you decided to clean his room a little. By the time you were done cleaning, he came out of the washroom.

You questioned, "Are you going to Busan? I saw some papers and it said that you have to meet the Busan Mafias for a deal."

He wiped his face with a towel and answered, "Yes, I am. I let the boys know about it already. Since I am the leader, I will go alone."

You leaned against the table and said, "Is that so? When are you going?"

"Let's see, I am not sure. Maybe a few days later but I will have to stay there for two to three days."