Chapter 11

This was power.

The soldiers stared back in horror. Tord had just killed one of their comrades in cold blood. Not one of them made a sound under their ruthless Leader's scrutiny, letting their love for their lives get the better of their desire to speak their opinion. Tord smiles, one that was more him showing teeth than a real smile. Smug satisfaction fills his gaze, clearly having everyone's undivided attention now. The room was quiet except for the light thumps against the floor, made by Tord's combat boots slowly walking around the table.

"So, soldiers..." Tord places his hands squarely on the table, staring down at each and every one of the assembled company. "Now that the little issue was cleared up, the reason why your objective was changed is because, acquiring the Green Leader is one of the highest priorities at the moment. Thomas is my personal bodyguard and assistant, so I would like him back as well. They are to be ALIVE and UNHARMED. Is that understood?"

Despite their fear of the Leader, all people of the assembled company knew better than to ignore an obvious question meant for a response.

"Yes, sir!"

"You are all dismissed. Do not fail me.."

Back to Tom's little bunker

Tom was already awake and groaning. His hair was a mess, and he got up from the couch like a zombie, walking to his little mini kitchen. Mumbling as he opened the fridge, searching for something edible to fill his stomach. Soon, Tom finds something microwavable, taking it out and putting it inside the little boxy machine taking a minute to turn it on.

In Tom's bedroom, Edd regains unwanted consciousness. "Uggggggghhhhh... I need cola..." Edd throws off the tangled covers, wearily picking himself up off of the bed. He dragged himself to where he hears Tom in the mini kitchen, Edd watches curiously as Tom makes his way around the kitchen with no problems.

"How do you DO that?"

"Huh?-" Tom looked over in Edd's direction, or what he hoped would be, and raised a brow. "Do.. What?"

"Get around so easy! I mean, you can't.. exactly.. see..." Edd stops, trying not to venture onto what may or may not be a touchy subject for Tom.

"Well yeah, I can't see, so? My other senses help me find my way around. I made sure to train myself if I ever lost my visor, so I'm used to it. No need to be hesitant about it." Tom shrugs nonchalantly, clearly not bothered by the subject the other brit, besides himself, brought up.

"Oh. Okay!" Edd beams, quickly forgetting the subject. The green wearing male turns toward the fridge in a futile attempt at a search for cola. As expected, there was none to be found. "Toooommm... There's no cola!" He whines in agony with a frown sculpting his lips.

"There isn't? Check in the cabinet then, I should have a few packs in there. I don't keep them cold.. sorry."

After a quick hunt in the cabinet, Edd stood with a victorious cry. "COLA!!"

Tom jumped, growling at the sudden shriek, but shakes his head and breathes out a low chuckle, a smile on his face. He should've expected the other would react like that at the sight of cola. "You're welcome.." Wasting no time, Edd rips open the can, chugging the favored drink warm. "I've been cola deprived for almost 24 hours. Torture, I tell you! Torture!" Tom started to laugh even more now, amused by his friend's antics. "It's just cola, Edd."

"Nuh-uh!" Edd shakes his head vigorously, eyes alighting passionately. "This right here is my battery, my energy source! My lifeblood! Cola runs through my veins!!" The cola lover was on his knees now, as if he was worshipping the cola can.

If Tom had eyes, he'd roll them at this point, letting another chuckle slip through his lips. "Yeah, yeah, I know." Edd smiles, his goal to cheer up Tom accomplished. It may have been a while since he'd seen the blue-clad male, but it looked as if nothing had changed between the two of them. Tom wipes his "eyes" of tears seeped in joy, finishing his laughter with a small chuckle. Much to Edd's pleasure, a genuine smile alights from Tom. "Same old Edd..hm." The blue one hums out.

Edd tackles Tom, sending the two of them toppling to the floor. "I missed you, Tom! It just wasn't the same at the base without you!" Tom flinches, grunting as he hits the floor back first. He winces, feeling the other laying on top of him. Smiling back, Tom returns his friend's hug, glad for the comfort. "Heh.. How much did I miss..?"

"Well, Matt and I went on all sorts of adventures! We helped poor people, stopped another zombie apocalypse, and fought with the Red Army. You would have liked the zombie apocalypse!" Edd gives animated descriptions of his and Matt's adventures, all with a sad undertone every time he mentions Matt.

Tom smiles a little but saddens each time Edd's tone changes when he mentions their beloved best friend. Sighing, he pulls the other male into a tighter, closer hug for some form of comfort, patting and stroking his hand up and down the other's back. Edd was shocked into silence at this sudden show of support from Tom, the flow of words he'd been hiding his emotions behind halting. The affectionate gesture meant to comfort him released tears he'd been holding back. In Tom's arms, Edd finally breaks down, mourning the loss of their best friend.

Tom stays quiet, closing his voids towards Edd's cries, sighing to himself towards the subject. Sure the blue brit could hardly see, but it was gut-wrenching enough to hear the other sobbing into his shoulder painfully. He continued the gestures, gripping the other's clothes, but needless to say, he doesn't have the emotion to join Edd.

Eventually, Edd's sobs quiet down, but he doesn't move from Tom's embrace, too embarrassed about his outburst to look at him. "Sorry about that, Tom.." He sniffled up and took an uneasy, deep breath. "There are more important things to worry about than me crying. Things like, what happened yesterday?"