Chapter 7

"Sir. Sir!"

Tord is rattled out of his sleep by someone shaking his shoulder. He groans, clearly not content for being woken up. Looking up tiredly, the red-clad male addresses his longtime friend and soldier. "What is it, Patryck?"

"The Green Leader is in a stable condition. Permission to move him to an armored cell?"

"Permission granted. Thomas and I will accompany you. It will give him an opportunity to see the Green Leader, and for the Green Leader to see him..." A shiver of excitement runs down Tord's back as he imagines the encounter. Gently shaking Tom's shoulder to wake him up, Tord softly speaks, as to not startle him. "It's time to get up, Thomas.."

The bedridden male groaned, disappointed to be woken up from his peaceful slumber. He blinks hard, staring up at the person who was shaking him awake. "H-huh?" he stuttered out, his Leader stood above him, urgency written on his face. "What is the matter, sir?"

"We are going to see the Green Leader now. He's being transferred. Are you well enough to go?"

"A-Ah, I see. I'm feeling better, so yes. Always at your service, sir." Drops of excitement wells in Tom as he speaks. He was about to see the Green Leader! The mysterious man he longed to see, was talked about too much, feeding his curiosity.

"Alright, there are clothes inside of the dresser next to you. Change. I'll be waiting outside." Tord sighs, staring at Tom a few seconds longer than he should have. Snapping out of his daze, he walks out of the room, quietly closing the door behind him. Tom had noticed his Leader's stare, staring back at him as Red approached the door. The visored male opened his mouth to speak, before Tord left, but shut it as soon as the door closed his chance too. He sighed, dragging his heavy legs that hung over at the side of the bed, looking over at the dresser.

Tom put his clothes on, a small smile crept on his lips. Having his own uniform back on, gave him some pride and a sense of reality. He brushed himself off, fixing the creases and folds created in his uniform. Standing up straight with his voids glimmering full of pride in his visors, Tom was glad to be wearing the uniform. He was proud to serve the Red Leader. His leader.

Outside, Tord and Pat were having a little moment of their own. "Permission to speak casually, sir?"

Tord hardly looks at Pat as the question leaves his soldier's lips. He was asked often enough by his two most trusted soldiers for it to matter. "I told you to stop asking permission to speak casually. What's on your mind, Pat?"

Paul smears a teasing look on his face. "You seem to be pretty attached to your second in command, and your bodyguard, Tom. Is there something going on between the two of you?"

"Wh-What?" The leader falters, being thrown off guard by the specified question, hardly expecting it at all. "He's just one of my closest soldiers, that's all!" Pat gets a little closer, a teasing smirk on his face. "Close how?~ " he hummed. Tord flounders for an answer towards Pat's teasing, his face becoming a wholesome red. Just then, the door to Tom's room squeaks open, a confused looking Tom emerged. "I'm ready.." Tom's voice trails off as he stares at his two superiors, raising a brow while taking in the scene before him.

"Ah- Th-Thomas! Good, you're ready! Let's get going then." Tord tries his best to avoid Tom's gaze and ignore Pat's condescending smirk, his face still tinted a bright red from Pat's teasing. "Okay..." Tom watches his Leader in an attentive manner, his hands folded behind his back respectfully.

The three of them walk the halls, soldiers standing in a salute as they pass. Patryck glances at Tom and Tord, a mischievous look crossing his face.

"So, Tom. What's it like working in such close quarters with the Red Leader?"

Pat purposely speaks loudly enough for Tord to hear him. Tord's eyes widen, narrowing his gaze into the air a bit in disappointment but he doesn't interfere with the question. Tom would think there was something wrong. Internally, he curses every god he knows, damning Patryk in his mind. He thought this would've passed over by now.

Besides Pat, Tom flinches at the sudden question. He wasn't used to talking about his personal life, especially with soldiers he wasn't comfortable with yet. Although, somehow he felt obligated to answer the question asked to him. He would've just dismissed it with a vague response, but he didn't see much of a problem if he had said it truthfully. Slightly.

"Well.. In all honesty, it's not as bad as I thought it would be, really. At first, if I remember correctly, I was furious. However, I don't remember exactly why.. it has been pretty good being under Red and serving him. I'm happy to be in his service and protect him."

Tord's back was rigid, hiding his happiness toward Tom's answer. He remembered well when Tom was first put into his service and though he still carried some of his old hatred toward him. He smiled joyfully, getting confused looks from the soldiers he passed. However, Pat wasn't done yet.

"What do you think of him personally? And I don't mean as a soldier or Leader."

At this, Tord froze. He wasn't looking forward to hearing this answer...

"By what do you mean, sir?" Tom looks over at his superior, confused as to what he meant. He only saw his Leader as his Leader, nothing else.

"Never mind. We're here." The trio stops in front of an armored door, heavily protected with guards. Tord was nervous, scared as to how Tom would react to seeing Edd again.

"Alright Tom, seeing the Green Leader may cause you some distress, and I would like you to remain next to me at all times." Tord looks at Pat, gesturing toward the door. "Patryk, if you would?"

Nodding his head, Pat opens the armored door, and all three steps inside, the Red Leader leading the way.

Meanwhile, Tom was confused as to why his Leader thought he would be upset. He didn't see any reason, but followed him quietly, utilizing his orders, thinking over them curiously.

As they approach the lone bed in the cell, Tord steps off into the shadows of the room, disappearing from Tom's range of sight. He scans the room, looking for his devil horned Leader, but the green clad male chained to the bed catches his full attention in a matter of seconds.

Edd's eyes widened, the shock of seeing Tom overriding any other emotions at the moment. Some tears streamed down the cola-lover's cheeks, causing Tord to smile in satisfaction.

"TOM!! Tom, it's me, Edd! Oh God, what did they do to you?!"

Tom examined the "Green Leader" for a moment, just before he just froze. Tom's visor went shockingly blank, sending shivers down Tord's spine. Tom's confused and curious, yet excited expression, vanished, being replaced with a cold frown.

🔺🔹🔺🔹🔺🔹🔺🔹🔺🔹🔺🔹🔺🔹🔺🔹🔺🔹🔺🔹🔺🔹🔺🔹🔺🔹🔺🔹

So, I'm not dead yet! Me and my best friend decided to finally continue the book, and will probably be up until 3am editing and posting chapters. 

Make sure to follow my co-writer and best friend 

Byeeeee

Eddsworld        Future AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें