Chapter 3

This is 2 hours later

"Sir, troops ready to deploy!"

Tord leans forward, excited but trying not to show it.

"Alright, go alert Paul and Patryck. I will be there in a minute."

Tord takes out his walkie talkie and grabs his blue overcoat and gun belt.

" Thomas, where are you? I need you to meet me where Paul and Pat are, immediatly."

Tom had been exiting the lab after receiving his yearly report. Jumping at the sudden static from the walkie talkie, he responds immediately.

"Where to, sir...? ... I'll be there in less than five minutes."

"Good." On the other side of the base, Tord was already speed walking to the rendezvous spot, not bothering to hide his excitement from his longtime friends. As soon as he sees them, Tord breaks out into a wide grin, his happiness bubbling over.

"Paul, Pat, it's finally time we take down that infernal Rebellion! The Green Leader is going down!"

Tord smiles  maliciously, childish amusement much like a teen playing video games seeping through his evil grin.

Patryk smiles as well, picking up on Tord's happiness. "Yep, it's the day we've all been waiting for!"

Through all this, Tom had arrived and was standing quietly in the sidelines, watching the trio laugh and talk. He wondered who the "Green Leader" was, but it didn't really matter. He was happy as long as Tor- Red Leader was happy.

"O-Oh! Tom! You're here! You must celebrate with us!"

Tord pulls Tom into a hug, ignoring the male's shocked expression.

"Today's the day! And it would have never had happened if you hadn't helped me, Thomas!"

Tom jumped to the sudden pull, smiling and hugged him back. Patting the Leader's back, he pulled away.

"Well, it was nothing really, just a little flip to the plan." Tom says modestly.

Tord was the vision of excitement, his happiness bleeding out into the other soldiers around.

"Well, your little "flip" has us on Cloud bloody Nine! Faen, Thomas, you really ought to take more credit for your work.."

Tord flashes Tom a small encouraging smile before turning back into " Red Leader Mode". Chuckling, Tom looked away and shook his head, bewildered.

"Alright, now to decide.. Should we join the troops, and watch the Green Leader's face as he gets hopelessly destroyed, or maintain order from the base, while one of you takes point? What do you think, Thomas?" Tord turns to his escort, bodyguard, and more recently war council, expecting an opinion.

"Hm.. I think it's best if I go and test out my skills, and you stay here sir. After all, if you're there, they'll most likely target and either kill you or take you as a hostage. I don't think anyone here wants to lose their leader." Tom says thoughtfully.

Paul nod in agreement to Tom's statement."Hm.. he does have a point sir, it would only put you and the army in danger."

"Well, you do have a point.. But Tom, what if you were injured or killed?" Tord gulps nervously at the prospect of Tom getting mortally wounded.

"I'm not sure what I would do.. On the other hand, I've never actually sent you into battle before. It would be good to test your skills. Paul!"

Tord turns to his friend, rigid determination and trust written on his face. He addresses him curtly, a superior talking to a lower officer.

"I want you to watch Thomas as closely as possible. Also... When you find the Green Leader, bring him to me. Do not  harm him. Do you understand, soldier?"

A frightening undertone to the Red's voice sends shivers down Paul's spine, but he snaps into a salute. "Yes, Red Leader."

"Red- sir.. I'll be fine, trust me. Let's just execute this plan already.." Tom urges his Leader on, trying to steer the conversation back on topic.

Tord turns around and begins to make his way back to his office, giving orders over his shoulder as he walks.

 "Thomas, leave with Paul and Patryck immediately. I want you there at the frontlines. I will be in my office, awaiting a constant status update from each of you. And Tom... be careful." Tord walks off, disappearing into the crowd of busy soldiers. Tom sighed, watching him leave. He feels his heart race, ignoring it until it subsided into a regular beat before reluctantly following Paul and Pat.