Chapter 6

Tord steps into the room, glaring lights illuminating the injured man on the cot. Handcuffs chain the chocolate- haired male to the bed. He was shirtless, bloodstained bandages visible around his torso from where he had been injured. Upon Tord's first step into the room, the Green Leader's head swivels in surprise, his large brown eyes widening in shock as he takes in the figure in front of him.

"Tord..."

Edd Gold's voice was full of venom, his eyes dripping with pure malice. Edd's eyes were a match to Tord's own icy gaze that could break even the strongest soldier's will. The red male met the green's with a look to challenge him. Neither Leader looked away or faltered in the intensity of their gaze. Finally, Tord broke the silence that was running thick through the air.

"Hello, old friend..." 

"Old friend..? Old friend?! That's what you fucking say after you bloody slaughter my friends?!" Edd spits, his eyes flaming with fury. Tord merely smiles, enjoying his ex-friend's tantrum. "That's what you say after killing... killing.."

The diabolical Leader's grin widens at his old friend's faltering tone and brimming eyes. Heavy army boots echo through the room as the devil horned man positions himself at the foot of his prisoner's bed. "Who, might I ask, did I kill, Edward?"

The green injured male shakes with anger and sorrow, hist fists bunching in the thin sheets the army had provided."Matt... You killed him..!! You- YOU BASTARD!!" 

Tord stands there calmly as Edd struggles with his restraints, ignoring the pain in his injured arm and torso. "You never cared about us! You used us!! And- And now Matt's DEAD!!" 

At this point, the green hoodied male had tears streaming down his face. Tord stood apathetically at the end of the bed. "So Matt's dead.. Maybe that will teach you not to cross me." 

In that moment Edd remembers Tom, and how Tord had kidnapped him before. His blood boils as he rattles his cuffs once more, the chain pulled to its limit."Where's Tom?! I know you have him, you asshole!"

 Tord had already turned away, heading toward the door. At the mention of his second in command's name, the Red Leader stiffens and stops, a few meters from the exit. Turning his head a fraction, the man's steely gaze sets itself on his prisoner. "Where Tom is is none of your concern. He's where he's supposed to be --- with me." With a laugh that chilled the blood of everyone in the room, Tord exits, closing the armored door with a bone rattling slam behind him.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Tom sits up in bed, groaning. Slowly sitting up, Tom rubs his weary eyes. His entire body felt like it was being held down with weights. He sighed softly and fell back into the bed he was in. Looking up at the ceiling with a dull expression, Tom found himself lost in his thoughts. As he lay there on the surprisingly comfortable hospital bed and relaxed, Tom raised his right hand above his face, watching as it trembled and shook. He let it fall over his voids, practically dragging down his face until it met his lower torso after sliding off his jaw.

Tom grazed his focus around the room, slightly curious. Looking down at himself, Tom saw that his clothes had been changed while he slept. Letting his mind wander, the eyeless male's thoughts drifted to the moments before he had collapsed. The war!

Tom shoots up in bed, groaning a bit when the world spins around him. What had happened while he was out? Hell, how long had he been out? Tom's mind races as he wonders if the mysterious Green Leader had yet to be captured. If he was, the war was done for. 

The blue male's thoughts shift to his leader. Where was he anyway?

As if on cue, the door to his hospital room is flung open, revealing the infamous Red Leader in all his glory. His Leader. At the moment, though, he looked a little disheveled, almost as if he had run here from wherever he had been.

"Thomas.. You're awake."  Relief drips off of every syllabol in Tord's voice, his eyes softening as they land on Tom.

The blue male flinched a little as he heard the familiar voice, shooting his head up to him, his voice a little shaky. "Y-Yes, sir.."

Noting the quiver in Tom's voice, Tord automatically softens his own, the needs of Tom coming first. "Good, I was getting worried there for a second."

The Leader walks over to the chair where he had kept his vigil at Tom's bedside, exaustion radiating off of him. Tom watches with a somewhat detatched expression as his old rival he sits down wearily, his body slouching forward wearily. A slight smile comes over the blue male's face as empathy and affection build in his chest, but quickly disappears as he forces the budding emotions down and dons his signature emotionless expression. "Permission to ask a personal question, sir?"

Tord glances up, too tired to care about the basis of the question. Figuring it was just to ask for some leeway time for himself, waves his hand slightly in a move meaning for Tom to continue. "Permission granted.."

"What happened while I was out, sir? Were you're achievements met?" Tom leans forward slightly as he says this, curiosity coloring his expression. Surprised at the question, Tord looks up.

"We won the last battle, and captured the Green Leader." The red clad male couldn't keep the excitement from entering his voice as he speaks of the victory. "We may win this battle, Thomas... If you like, when you are well enough to leave the medical ward, you may visit the Green Leader with me."

"Really sir..? That would be a pleasure!- I mean I'd love to- Since you- uh- I mean s-sure, sir..." Tom juggled his words, panicking as to how to appropriatly respond before he committed to the best answer. He was excited to finally learn who this Leader he mysteriously heard of was, but Tom strategically maintained his tone.

Tord smiles warmly, his gray eyes twinkling merrily. He was clearly happy with Tom's reaction; he was afraid Tom was going to say no, and spoil the plans he had for his old friend. Even if Tom had said no... Tord could have always just ordered him to go anyway. Yawning, the devil horned male leans back, trying to get comfortable in the chair he was situated in. He had no intention of leaving Tom in the med ward by himself. Tom sighed deeply as he watched the powerful man next to him drift to sleep. It was in all honesty the best sleep Tord had gotten in ages, dreamless, peaceful, and free of all the discord of the world around him.

Settling back into the comfortable  hospital blankets himself, Tom lets himself drift off as well, enjoying this rare moment of tranquility with his beloved Leader.