part 17 - matcha tea

Kinda a filler chap. might put some smut in the next one, just soft smut tho. (edit 5/10/20: im just gonna post a few chaps cause my writing process has slowed down.)

Beau POV

The past week and a half has been rocky. Mason and I have been keeping a close eye on Bella, searching for a sign of anything unusual but she's back to her normal self. We've started doing exercises normally, and she's learned 'yes' and 'no'. Although the news we've gotten about Bella hasn't been the best, we're working on it. She's a selective mute who barely speaks at daycare and it really scares us, seeing as that means lack of communication for her needs. She has pretty bad separation anxiety and change in her life will be very difficult to handle. But around us, that all fades away and she's our happy little girl. Mason got a new car, too.

I smile at my thoughts. I'm brought out of my head when Mason places a soft, lingering kiss on my forehead. I guess he's done with his Matcha Tea. I stop sub-consciously scrolling on my phone and smile up at him. I decide I'm done with my phone for the night and set it on the charger, and rollover putting my leg on top of mason's and wrapping my arms around him. He just chuckles and kisses my forehead again, quickly, while running his arm up and down the silk of my pajama pants. And that is how I love to fall asleep.

-

The next morning, I wake up to an empty bed and an empty house. That's odd, seeing as Mason didn't let me know he'd be taking Bella somewhere before-hand. I don't stress over it, and sit in bed watching TV, eating cereal. I didn't have to wait long before I heard the front door unlock and somebody enters the house. I smiled and waited for him to turn the corner and appear in our bedroom. He's showing his beautiful smile when he does.

"You're so pretty," I blurt out, blushing and looking down when I realize what I've said.
He laughs breathily and shakes his head a bit, "and you're gorgeous." I blush harder.
"So, we have a day off. What's the plan?" I ask, fiddling with the sleeves of my pajama shirt. 
The silk one, he says looks gorgeous on me in the morning cause of the way it droops over my shoulder and makes me look 'angelic'. His words, not mine.

"Babygirl is with her Nana, and we," he pauses to point between us and smirk, "are going out today." "Oh, really? How do I dress?" "However you want to." I roll my eyes playfully. "Kay." I set my empty cereal bowl on the dresser and walk over to the closet. I decide to go basic, as I dont know where we're going. I take a black turtle neck, some black jeans, and a white and blue striped shirt. I just grab the first pair of white shoes I see. Platform sneakers, not bad. I close the door and change, but pay attention to the rustling around in the room. 
"Ready to go, babe? I ask, walking out of the closet to put a little bit of product in my hair.
I don't get a response, instead, I feel two hands snake around my waist and a soft kiss to my neck. 
"You really are gorgeous, B." Is this how popsicles feel melting in the summer sun?
"Thank you." I have NO idea how I said that without stuttering.