part 10 - angel's light

Beau POV

The two of us are still staring at each other as I take in his mesmerizing eyes, and soft plump lips under the fairly lights and against the light of the fire. I can't help but lean in again and plant my lips back on his as some weird euphoric energy shoots through my body. Everything feels right, and at peace. He pulls me closer until I'm on his lap with my arms wrapped around him, and we finally pull away. "You're just so pretty," I tell him. "And you're absolutely gorgeous"

-

Mason and I made it to the hotel room, showered and settled down for a movie. Although I wasn't really watching for the first half, just admiring the man before my eyes started to droop and I told mason goodnight.

"Goodnight, Mas. I had a good time tonight." I said, laying down a bit more and snuggling into his hold.

"Night, Beau. Sleep well." He planted a kiss to my forehead and just like that I was out like a light, and smiling like an idiot.

The next morning is really lovely. Like, one of the best, calming mornings I've ever had. Is this heaven? Am I dead? Cause god never lets me have this type of luxury and I'm real suspicious of him right now. Anyway, I woke up to Mason running his hands through my hair while he scrolled through his phone. I swear, he sent me the most angelic smile when he saw me gazing up at him and he is just the most handsome thing.

We stayed tangled in each other's arms that way for a while, and I enjoy everything around me, taking in my surroundings with my eyes closed. The feel of the soft blanket, Mason's hand rubbing my arm softly, the sounds of the birds talking over like- their morning worms, I guess?? It takes both Mason and I a full half-hour to convince ourselves to leave the safe haven that is our hotel bed and start our day. Mason's chasing me with the toothpaste after I put a small bit on his nose and ran away, and everything is lovely.

We finally get dressed and don't intend to match, but we end up both wearing the same shade of purple and head out. I check my phone to be met with a series of texts from my aunt. 

"the child has eaten my whole supply of pancakes"

"this is definitely your daughter"

"when do you plan on picking her up"

"oh gosh, shes gotten into my collector's edition bible figurines"

"whatever dick you got last night better be good for you to be ignoring me like this, Beau." 

I chuckle at the last message and show mason 'whats so funny' before watching his face go beet red. I take the time to reply and tuck my phone away in my pocket.

"Relax, Nana. No dick just yet, but I did enjoy myself. Thank you for watching Bella, I'll be over to pick her up after breakfast in about an hour."

-

Over our breakfast, Mason and I settled on not labeling our relationship just yet but we already know we're committed to one another. He's insisted on coming with me to pick up Bella and when I unlock the front door we walk into quite the scene. Nana is dancing around the living room to church music, singing loud as ever with her hand up like she's caught the holy ghost. Bella notices us and her face tells all. If the phrase "help me." was a person, it'd be Bella right now.

Mason, i can tell, is trying his absolute best not to piss himself laughing and I shake my head and pick up Bella before turning the music down. Nana finally turns around and notices me standing there. "Now child why in the all jesus loving green sunny earth are you- OOOH! Is this the lovely man who dicked you down last night?" Mason's laughing turns into choking and coughing and it's my turn to laugh.  "No, nana. This is Mason, Mason this is my Nana. She's raised me and is basically the peanut butter to my jelly." "Nice to meet you, Nana." Mason greets, still composing himself.

My nana has raised me and is pretty accepting of me. After some light convo with her, I wonder off down the hallway to look for Bella. I find her seated infront of one of the old photo books, staring and flipping through the pages. I sit down next to her and hear my nana talk from the doorway.

"She came home sobbing, yesterday and stopped as soon as she saw your face in a photo. She really missed you y'know." She says, smiling at Bella, "She must have some real bad separation anxiety. Poor thing, other than that she's an absolute precious doll." Her gaze shifts up and locks on my eyes. "You ain't give her them bruises, right?"

"'Course not, nana. Her mom did before I got custody of her."

She just shakes her head and says "the Devil is a bad, bad man, beat 'er ass." before turning around and walking over into the living room.