part 1 - the verdict

Beau's POV

"and what proved my client as unworthy of the knowledge and involvement in and of Bella's life?"

"well, he.." silence. "....he.."

"i take that as you not having a valid reason, correct?"

silence as Sarah stares at my lawyer, and i stare at them. 

"that means you had no reason to deprive Beau of his daughter. He had not proven himself unfit of fatherhood."

"but, i had no way of contacting him!"

i scoff. the lies.

"the contact logs of the phone you had at the time proves otherwise."

"but-"

my lawyer stands up and looks towards the judge. "no further questions."

sarah turns towards the judge and opens her mouth to say something, looking so desperate, when mr.woods repeats himself.

"no. further. questions"

the judge looks between them, and finally towards Sarah.

"you are dismisssed from the stands, Mrs. Hamms." The judge says, "I will deliberate and come to a verdict soon."

the gavel is slammed down as he stands and exits the court room.

sarah and her husband, jackson, send me death glares from across the court room. thank god the stands are farther apart then usual.

-

"sarah denisse hamms has been found guilty for the rape and neglection of beau johnson and his fatherly duties, and additionally owes the defendant $125,000 in reimbursement."

i let out a breath of relief as the judge reads out the last of the verdict. sentenced to 3 years, custody of Bella Hamms transferred, child to be transferred to the Johnson household within 24 hours and- im sorry, huh!? i have twenty-four hours or less to prepare for fatherhood. As we are dismissed, I engage in some mind-less conversation with my lawyer before I start my drive home. I notice I'm tapping my fingers on the steering wheel, which is something I only do when I'm nervous. Of course sarah won't be arrested thanks to her CEO husband, which im not bothered by, but i only expected visitation rights or something along those lines. I park in my drive way and make my way inside, dropping my keys on the table and B-lining it straight for the shower. part of moving on is cleansing myself from all of this, and a shower will start that process off.