part 9 - progress, sweet sweet progress

beau POV

new message from: mason :D

I dropped Bella off at the daycare nearly ago and have just left the salon I saw yesterday

I dropped Bella off at the daycare nearly ago and have just left the salon I saw yesterday. I dont think i'll even bother looking at other ones, that one is so perfect and I think the manager there already likes me. now, im on my way to the hotel to get ready and back out to pick bella off and drop her off at my aunt's house, then back to the hotel to meet up with Mason. Why didn't I just drop Bella off first? I have no idea, but I can't change the plan now, i'm closer to the hotel then the daycare.

-

I smile at myself in the mirror and tie my airforces. He cute tho. By he, I mean me. I make an odd decision and open up instagram, pressing "add new account" and make "beautybybeau". I settle on posting two pictures for the day: a cherry blossom tree and petals I did a few months ago and today's simple look.

*NEW NOTIFICATION: MESSAGE FROM CONTACT "daycare": hey, this is abby from the daycare! if you are too busy we have a drop off program, just tell us where we need to drop Bella off at and we'll send you a text when we've dropped her off.*

I reply with my aunt's address and thank abby, before letting my aunt know via phone. I take a mental note of the explanation I owe her, that she made clear she is looking for. This is working out perfectly- Bella and her stuff can go with my Aunt for a bit, I don't have to leave to get her. Now all that's left is mason to come to pick me up.

-

Mason walks in smiling and apparently already dressed and ready to go. I smile back and greet him with a smile and a hug and try my best not to acknowledge the two buttons left un-buttoned on his floral shirt. His fashion-glasses frame his face perfectly and he looks mouth-watering. Wait- am I actually drooling??

"Beau. Beau!"

"Huh!? Oh I'm sorry!" He just chuckles. "Its fine, ready to go? You look absolutely stunning."

I blush and tell him yes. This will be great.

-

Mason and I are sitting by the bon-fire at his friends' beach-house. A few people are inside dancing and talking there, but we're taking advantage of the warm summer night. The last two of Mason's friends, who I now know to be called Macy and Alex, excuse themselves to get a drink. 

"Hey Mason,"

"mhm?" he replies, turning and placing his full attention on me.

I nervously fiddle with the edges of my top.

"thanks for all of this. i have... something to tell you." I say, finally looking back up at him.

"go ahead, dont be nervous" he smiles softly at me.

"I really, really like you. Like, alot. I wanna spend more time with you before I say anymore, but just want you to know."

"Hey, Beau?" He says, smiling big.

"mhm?" I can't help return the smile.

just then, he plants the softest, most meaningful, gentle kiss on my lips before pulling away and smiling. 

"i like you too."