part 3 - up and out

Beau POV

I keep my head down as I push the cart through the isles of Walmart. I just need some pullups, pancake mix and other nic nacs. I smile at Bella, even though she's covered in flour she's still smiling and singing, or trying her best to, the abc's. I have an odd feeling though. People have been staring ever since I got into the store. I just put it off as Bella being covered in flower. I mean, I kinda am too. 

-

After laughing throughout the whole shopping center and only one meltdown over a cat plush, we leave. Yes, with the cat plush. I notice the same hooded dude going through the checkout line as the ones I saw frequently in the isles. I, once again, put it off and put bella in her car seat and load up the car.

Im nearing the house and the same car has been following me, so I speed up and make a wrong turn. The car does the same. Holy fuck are these Sarah's goons? I try not to drive too harsh cause.. baby, and make a last-minute decision. "Sorry, bub," I say before making a sharp left turn into light traffic and speeding home after making sure I lost the car. I didn't bother unloading the car when I got home, instead, I set Bella in front of the TV and started packing. There was no way I was gonna let Sarah take her from me, or scare me into giving her back. I knew just where I was going.

-

"Train from Oklahoma to Ohio, boarding now." A man says over the speakers. I carefully pick up my sleeping daughter and board the train already loaded with our luggage. I take a deep breath as the train starts to move, this is final. It's just us, and I'm leaving everything behind. I mean, my family is in New York so it won't be too too bad.  We have a layover in Ohio and I plan on just staying at the train station with Bella since it's late and she should sleep through most of this. I make myself comfortable and fall asleep.

-

I'm woken up to the sound of high-pitched squeals and giggles. I look over and immediately bolt up when I notice Bella is not beside me. I walk down the near-empty train cart when I finally catch her giggling with a blonde man, seemingly having the time of their lives. 

I immediately start apologizing. "I'm so sorry about her, sir. Did she wake you up? I greatly apologize if she-"

"No worries, She's absolutely adorable. Her name is?"

"Bella."

He looks down at her, "Nice to meet you Bella!" and looks back up at me "And you are?"

"Beau."

"Nice to meet you too, Beau. I'm Mason."