"How's Jacob with this all?" I asked trying to alter the subject as much I could.

"I don't know," he lightly laughed, "The kid won't talk."

"He's probably scared then," I took another swig on my wine.

"Ya think?" he asked and stirred his scotch a little using his cup, "The kid is not even 15 and on trial for murder. And his mother just left him because he's too much to handle." I looked down. The whole situation really was a shame, considering I highly doubted Jacob murdered Ben. "I'm glad to see he has a support system through you and Anna though." I lightly smiled. "He's had a crush on her for ages," I smirked.

"I could tell. He blushed at her name, and turned bright red when he saw her." Andy laughed as I recalled the earlier events. "They seem like opposites which I find so funny."

"Why do you say that?" Andy asked.

"Well, Jacob seems cool. He gets along with everyone, fits the norms, ya know? And that's not bad of course. But Anna, she's an outcast. And she's fine with that." He nodded.

"You do have a 14-year-old that listens to classic rock, and not the shit Jacob listens to." This time I laughed.

"You can give me all the credit for that."

"I knew I could trust you with that." We both laughed. He got up as I pulled the lasagna out of the oven to help set the table. Just as he came back from the table to grab some cups, our bodies accidentally collided. Nothing fell, we weren't holding anything. But our chests were touching, and neither of us were moving. We just started in our eyes.

Andy's eyes quickly went down to my lips. It's gonna happen. He slowly leaned down as I pushed myself up until our lips met. Slowly, and in tandem, they moved together. Finally, after a few seconds, we split up to catch our breaths. "Andy I-"

"Did I go too far? I'm sorry Y/N I-"

"No, it's fine." I insisted, "But, that meant something to you right? Or am I crazy."

"No, it did." He lightly smiled, "It actually meant a lot." He nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"I um-"

"We'll continue this once the kids are up to bed," He smirked and I blushed, my face going blank, "As long as you can remain a good girl and stay quiet for me." He whispered and gave me a slow kiss on my neck, causing me to lightly moan. "That easy huh?" I lightly slapped his chest.

"Shut it Barber," I huffed as he grabbed some cups, "Or I may just have to be loud,"

"Well in that situation," He sighed and grabbed my wrist, pulling me to him, "You'll have to be punished won't you little girl?" He smirked as I whimpered, "That's right, be good for daddy." he smiled and let me go. I stood there flustered still, but absolutely not complaining about this new side of Andy Barber.

He walked over to the table and placed the glasses of water at each place setting, as I called the two kids down. Jacob and Anna came down the stairs, smiles on both their faces as they continued their conversation, joking about something. Andy smiled at the two of them.

"So what's going on in school you two?" I asked them as we began eating.

"Mrs. Harris assigned a new essay in English," Anna began, "It's on the Great Gatsby." Andy and I nodded.

"What did you think of the book?" Andy asked and took a sip of his water.

"It was really good," Anna began, "It was partially dark, but it was good."

"What about you Jacob?" I asked him.

"It was alright," he admitted, "Seemed kinda useless."

"How?" Anna almost snapped, Andy smirked at her questioning, "It displays every single reason why we should be thankful for what we have, not expect more."

"Anna's right." Andy added and took a bite of his food, "The lasagna's great by the way."

"Yeah, thank's Ms. Y/L/N," Jacob began and lightly smiled, "It's delicious."

"Thank you, you two."

"Thanks, mom," Anna added on.

"And you only say it's good because your smart," Jacob said and look at her. She lightly blushed. Andy and I looked at each other and smiled and their young love. It aligned with Andy and I's weird relationship at the moment, but nonetheless was adorable.

After dinner with a few more heated conversations about books, the kids cleaned up as Andy and I wrapped the leftovers. "Are you guys done with homework?" I asked and they both nodded. "Alright, well just be in bed by 11." They both nodded. It was already 10. "Anna, show Jacob where the guest bathroom is as well." She nodded as the two went upstairs again.

Once the two were out of eye and earshot Andy began kissing my neck. "Excuse me, that is for when the kids are asleep." I corrected him. He smirked.

"Fine," he sighed, "But for the rest of the night, daddy makes the rules little girl."