Nice and Pretty (S.R.)

I felt a small bump on my legs to see a small girl running around. I could tell she was a little in distress. "Hey, Sweetie?" I asked and kneeled down to be on her level. She looked up and I saw some tears in her eyes. The girl couldn't be older than 5. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"I- I lo-ost my d-daddy." she sniffled.

"You lost your daddy?" I asked and she nodded. "Do you need some help finding him." She hesitated, then nodded. "I'll help you find him."

"Okay." She said her head still hanging down. I got up and put my hand out for her to hold.

"So what's your name?" I asked her as we began walking.

"C-Cecilia." She responded.

"Cecilia, that's such a pretty name!" I said and smiled down at her.

"Thank you!" She brightened up a bit. "What's your name?" She asked and looked up at me.

"I'm Y/N."

We walked around the infinite hallways of SHIELD for about 15 minutes, before I saw a buff blond man turn the corner, and sign in relief. "Cecilia, there you are!" He jogged over to us. She released from my hand and ran to him. He knelt down and picked her up. "Where did you go, baby?" He asked and held her head on his shoulder.

"I got lost daddy," she began, "Y/N helped me find you."

"Y/N?" He asked in confusion. I smiled and he looked over, getting what she meant.

"The nice lady right there!" She said and pointed to me. He smiled and walked over to me.

"I'm Steve," He began and held his free hand out for me to shake, "I'm really sorry for all the trouble."

"Really, it's completely fine," I told him. "You have a very polite daughter." I told him and he chuckled.

"Thank you. I try, but being a single parent isn't easy." I nodded. "Well, I'll see you around?" I nodded.

"I'll see ya."

3rd person POV

"Daddy?" Cecilia asked Steve, as she drew in his office.

"What is it, Sweetie?" He asked, looking over files.

"Can I have Ms. Y/N over for a play date?" She asked.

"Well," Steve began, "I'm not sure if Ms. Y/N would have time for that, she's probably very busy."

"She was very nice daddy," he nodded, "And pretty."

"She was very pretty Cece." He responded, thinking about you again. Cecilia seemed to notice.

"Do you like her daddy?" He chuckled.

"In order to like someone Cece, you usually need to get to know them."

"But she was super duper nice, don't you like nice people?"

"I do like nice people." He said and continued his work. Then they heard a knock on the door.

"Auntie Nat!" Cecilia called out and went running.

"What's up CeCe?" She asked and picked her up.

"Not a lot." She told her and smiled. She later got put back down to go and draw.

"I heard about your little run-in with Y/N," Nat said and smiled at Steve, leaning against the doorway. He looked up and lightly blushed, "She's cute, isn't she?"

"Um-" He stuttered, "That's one way of putting it." Nat gasped.

"You like her don't you!"

"You need to know a person to like them." Steve fired back.

"Well then maybe you should talk to her, even ask her out on a date." She smirked.

"What if she has a boyfriend, I'm sure she does."

"What if I were to tell you, because I know Y/N quite well, that she definitely does not have a boyfriend and would definitely say yes to you asking her out."

"I don't know Nat-" He began.

"It's been 3 years since Sharon left you to play around with some boy toys, it's about time you start your love life again."

"I have a love life right here." He began looking down at Cecilia. Nat rolled her eyes.

"A romantic one."

"Fine," he sighed, "I'll ask her out."

Your POV

As I was packing up my stuff and getting ready to go, I heard someone knock on my office door. "Come in." I called. Steve came in looking slightly nervous and smiled at me. "Hey Steve!" I said and smiled back.

"Hi Y/N," he began, "I was wondering if um, you would maybe be willing to go out to dinner with me sometime? If you say no I completely understand and-"

"I would love to Steve." I lightly smiled before he could finish.

"Really?" he asked again.

"Yes, of course."

"Oh, okay." I wrote down my number and gave it to him.

"Just call me and we can arrange a date." I smiled. He nodded and walked out.

.

Later that night I got a call. "Hello?" I answered as I got into my bed.

"Hey Y/N, it's Steve."

"Oh, hey Steve."

"Is now a good time to talk."

"Yeah, now's a good time."

"Are you available this Friday?"

"Um," I quickly checked my calendar, "Yup, I'm free!"

"Then I'll be there at 7 pm."

"Sounds great." I said and smiled, "I'll send you my address."

"Great." He said, "Have a great night Y/N."

"You too Steve." I said and we hung up.

(A/N: I'm going to do a part 2 soon! Just wanted to leave you all on a little cliff hanger.)