His Reality (S.R.)

-3rd person POV-

Steve, Tony, and Thor all walked out of the Avenger's compound as the three of them made small chat. They were making their departures, excluding Steve who had chosen to stay at the compound for at least the next few weeks to train new recruits.

"I will miss you Tony." Steve remarked.

"Yeah?" Tony asked, pushing the buttons on the key to his car, "Well, it's time for me to tap out. Maybe I should take a page out of Barton's book. Build Pepper a farm, hope nobody blows it up."

"The simple life." Steve responded, hooking his thumbs into his belt.

"You'll get there one day," Tony told him as they made eye contact. "Especially with the one you have." Steve looked down slightly blushing at the thought of you.

"I don't know," he began, "Family, stability, the guy that wanted all that went in the ice 75 years ago. I think someone else came out."

"Well," Tony began, "She's your chance. And I would act quick Capsicle, any guy that wants her could take her. But she chose you." Steve nodded. "You alright?" he asked before getting in the car.

"I'm home." Steve admitted.

Once Tony left, Steve walked back into the compound, Tony's words running through his mind. He had dreamed about his life with Peggy, the American Dream. But the moment he met you all his ideas faded. He knew you were the one. You weren't his thoughts. You were his reality.