New beginnings Pt. 2 (S.R.)

I was briefed on Sam and Bucky's mission. More or less it was the fall of SHIELD by a HYDRA infiltration again, but this time it was the entire government. I went into my storage room and went through some old boxes looking to find my old suit.

On the way, I found my box with all Steve's stuff in it. I sighed at the sight but decided to open it like the idiot I am. I immediatly saw a photo of him and I kissing in Paris on our honeymoon. It's cheesy to go to Paris, I know, but we were a cheesy couple.

The Eiffel Tower was right behind us. The sun was setting but you could still admire all the spring colors of Paris. I felt some tears brewing as my vision became blurry due to the salty droplets. They slowly began to fall as I knelt down and began sifting through the box. At the bottom, I found the rings and broke like a dam.

"Y/N?" Steve asked as I sat next to him on the bench.

"How was she?" I asked. He pondered for a minute.

"Nothing like you." I chuckled and looked at him with teary eyes. "I wanted you to have these back." He had my two rings, both of which were old and slightly dirty.

"Steve I-"

"I'll always love you, Y/N. Wear these, please."

"I love you too Steve," I said and took them. I slowly got up and gave him one last glance before turning to Bucky, who had a light smile on his face as he nodded. I lightly smiled back. 

"Y/N?" Steve asked again. I turned towards him, "Could I tell you one more thing?" I nodded and walked over to him. He looked up at me with his still youthful eyes, "You'll always be my soulmate."

"Y/N?" Bucky came in. He saw me on the ground a teary mess as I was leaning against the box, photo, and rings in hand. "Oh doll," he began and kneeled down next to me, hugging me. I cried into his shoulder as he slowly rocked me back and forth. "If this is too much you don't have to go-"

"It's fine." I admitted, "I need to do this." He lightly smiled and pulled away, meeting my eyes.

Wear these, please.

I slowly placed each ringer on my finger. I admired them and how beautiful they were, even at old age. I looked up at the ceiling, I could almost feel his presence. Bucky took one of my hands in his and squeezed it for reassurance. "Sometimes I get the feeling he's here too." He admitted, looking up with me.

"It's like he's right here. Right now."

"Maybe he is." Bucky smirked, "Steve was always loyal. He always will be." I looked at Bucky, and he looked back, now both of us on the ground leaning against the box.

"Thank you, Buck." He smiled.

"Family sticks together. Regardless of blood." Then Sam came in.

"Am I interrupting a moment or-" He looked down at me. "I'm so sorry Y/N."

"It's fine Sam," I got up with his help and smiled, "Thanks."

After the three of us finding my suit and my fat ass managing to squeeze into it, we left for Washington D.C. Once there we were greeted with our first challenge: getting past U.S. military agents (also known as secret HYDRA agents).

Before we began I pulled out the photo of Steve and me, which I folded and stuffed into my pocket. I smiled at it, before looking up again. I could almost feel his hand on mine. "Ready?" Bucky asked me as I slipped the photo away.

"Never been more ready in my life."