War and Chicken Noodle Soup (S.R)

"Damn it!" I said slamming my fist down on the table.

"Sweetheart-"

"Shut it Steve." I said looking up at him nearly growling. He backed away slowly.

"Look I know you're mad, but this wasn't really my fau-"

"Steve give me a few minutes please." I asked still looking down.

"Well you can't remain mad-"

"Steve Grant Rogers!" I yelled and looked up at him as he clearly backed down. "I get it. You're upset that we lost. Well newsflash, I am too. We lost the kid. Peter, who I practically called my own! And this is what I get from you? 'It's not my fault'? Steve, it's no one's fault but Thanos'. And if we're putting the blame on someone else, then it's all of us. So please, just a few minutes alone would be great." He nodded before walking out.

It took me about an hour to process it all before I was broken down in tears. Our dog, Walter (who was a golden retriever) came trotting over and on the couch to comfort me. I grabbed him and pulled him into me. Eventually, I heard Steve come in.

"Walts, I can take over from here." He said granting the dog freedom and immediatly becoming the substitute. I broke down and uncontrollably cried into him for at least half an hour before I was willing to talk. He continually ran his fingers through my hair and squeezed me.

"Steve- h-he's g-g-gon-e r-reall-y go-ne." I mumbled out.

"I know love I know. And we're going to do everything we can to get the kid back."

"O-kay." I mumbled out as my cries continued.

.

 After a full day of a mental break down, the next day I couldn't even get out of bed. I felt nothing. Steve wasn't much better but at least he could move around. "Doll," he came next to me and sat on the bed next to where my legs were laying under the covers, "I think you might wanna get up."

"No." I mumbled into the pillow.

"It's 5 p.m. and you haven't eaten."

"I'm not hungry."

"I don't want you to starve." He said and I could feel him rub one of my legs.

"No." I mumbled again. He sighed.

"What if I made my mom's chicken noodle soup." I pondered for a moment. His mom's chicken noodle soup was incredible.

"Maybe." I mumbled again.

"We can watch Harry Potter. Again." He said. I pondered for another moment.

"Fine." I said and turned around. He smiled down at me before kissing me.

After a nice long, and hot shower, I got changed into sweatpants and a sweatshirt to be greeted by a cooking Steve. Cooking was not a strength of his, but damn that man could make a good soup. He turned around and slightly smiled at me and I slightly smiled at him. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his tiny waist. He then twirled around and grabbed me before picking me up and making me squeal.

"I'm so glad I didn't lose you." He mumbled into my ear before slightly nipping it.

"I'm glad I didn't lose you either." I said, my legs still wrapped around his waist and my arms wrapped behind his neck. "I think I would've been dead by now if you were gone."

"I think I would too." Steve said as I played with my wedding ring. "Look here doll." I did as he told me to and looked at his beautiful blue eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too." He then placed his lips on mine and a quick kiss turned into a make-out session. As he slowly walked to the bedroom I realized the soup was still on.

"Steve," I paused him and he gave me a puzzled look. "I think we might wanna turn the stove off." I reminded him and giggled.

"Oh, yeah, right." He said and jogged us over there. "Could you reach it for me?" I pulled one of my arms from behind his neck and bent over slightly to turn the stove off. "Thanks Darling."  He said, "Back to where we were?"

"Yes please." I said and smiled before his lips crashed against mine and we were soon back on our way to the bedroom.