Bumping Into The Past

Start from the beginning

"So, what seems to be the problem with this beauty you're driving?" Jarred asked admiring Amelia's navy-blue Porsche.

"Wait, you are driving!" he exclaimed. "When did this happen?"

"Shocker right." She grinned. "I got my license a few years back."

"Well good for you." Jarred grinned.

"I kinda had no choice when Stan retired, and I moved." She said. "Now this thing just stopped, and I really need to get into the city, do you think you can help?"

"Of course." Jarred said. "I do own a garage."

Jarred walked around to the hood of the car and after Amelia pressed a button from inside it opened.

She walked around to him and her mind idly wondered to someone she didn't think about for a long time but was still ever-present in her mind. Someone who was Jarred's best friend and also happened to work for him.

"Um, so how is everyone?" Amelia asked. "Cassidy? Adam and Lily?"

"They're all good." Jarred answered. "Cassidy is in New York, she has an internship there, Adam and Lily just got back from college for the summer."

"Wow, college huh." Amelia said more to herself. "It really has been a long time."

Jarred stood up straight and looked at Amelia. "It sure has, and a lot has changed."

He made his way to his car and came back with a bottle of water. "Your car is fine, just needed water so your engine was overheating." He told her.

She exhaled. "Oh good, thankfully you were out here or I'd be clueless."

He looked up from under the hood for a moment. "Déjà vu hit you yet?"

Amelia frowned. "Déjà vu?"

Jarred poured the water in and shut the hood before he looked at her again.

"I know the story, the Mercedes breaking down and your dress getting ruined because of some arrogant ass."

Amelia couldn't help but smile as flashbacks of the day she met him flashed into her mind. "Now that you mention it, this all does feel familiar."

"Only I'm not the guy you saw." Jarred pointed out.

She shook her head. "Nope, not the one."

Before her mind dwelled to thoughts she didn't really want to think of, she shook her head and took in a deep breath. "Thank you Jarred, you literally saved me."

He waved her off. "Don't mention it."

"Well, I'm running late I've got to meet my mom. Thank you again." She smiled politely as she walked towards the driver's side of her car.

She started her car and was about to drive off but before she could she stopped next to Jarred's vehicle. She rolled down her window and called out his name, "Hey Jarred?"

Jarred looked at her in response.

"How is he?" she asked. She knew if she didn't, she would most likely regret it all day and probably all week too.

Jarred smiled. "Where do I even begin? I'd say see for yourself but he's currently in New York but he really is something else now."

Amelia frowned and before she could ask further Jarred waved at her and drove off, leaving her to her thoughts and questioning Jarred's odd answer. What stood out the most was the fact that Jarred said he was in New York and he also mentioned Cassidy lives there too. Could they be together?