Brady's Haunting Past

"What?" Amelia asked, utterly surprise.

"Do you know what you're saying? Do you have any idea what type of grounds you're stepping on?" She added with her tone becoming increasingly high.

"Are you trying to threaten me?" Brady questioned.

"No, I am simply informing you of the kind of repercussions you'll undergo if you go throwing around accusations like that." She answered honestly.

"I am not throwing around an accusation I am telling you the truth!" He shot back.

"My father may be many things but he is not a damn murderer!" Amelia exclaimed.

"Few months back you thought your loving daddy was a devout husband and father but daddy was out having an affair." Brady said coolly.

Amelia narrowed her eyes. "How dare you say that to me?!"

"Oh you mean the truth? How dare I say the truth?" Brady scoffed.

"Get out." Amelia said between gritted teeth.

"No! Not until you hear everything I have to say." Brady stated.

Without giving Amelia a chance to reply he grabbed her hand and exited the room, he walked down the stairs and into the guest lounge.

"What do you think you're doing?" Amelia asked.

Brady took her to the many photographs which hung on the wall, and Amelia frowned at him when he pointed at one particular picture. In the picture was Amelia's father, a women in maybe her mid forties, Hugh's dad and between her dad and the woman was another man, he was very tall, had dark hair and very dark beady eyes. He was wearing a black suit and his hair was combed sleekly backwards. He had a small grin on his face with his one hand in his pocket and holding a scotch in another.

"That's a face I will never forget." Brady said softly.

Amelia frowned. "My dads?"

Brady shook his head and pointed to the tall man. "This face."

Amelia looked at the man again and then at Brady who was standing really close behind her, almost caging her in. She watched as he fixated his eyes on the man, she noticed how he swallowed and curled his hands into fists at his side. Amelia noticed just how pained Brady's expression was, and she couldn't help but oddly want to believe him.

"Brady," She began softly. "I don't know this man."

Brady took a step back and ran a hand through his hair. He took in a breath and shook his head.

"Fuck!" He cursed under his breath.

"This was a mistake, I should leave." He
mumbled and walked towards the exit.

"Brady." Amelia called after him. She caught up with him and grabbed his hand.

"No, you owe me this explanation. You can't just accuse my father of murder, point at some man in a picture and leave without any damn elaboration!" Amelia exclaimed.

Brady just stared at her for a long moment, he blinked and shook his head. "No, I'm sorry. I... I just can't do this."

Amelia was about to retort but she looked at his expression and it mimicked one of a frightened little boy waking up from a horrid nightmare. Even though she was pretty upset with him, his expression made her pity him and she needed to approach him differently in order for him to open up to her.

Amelia took in a deep breath and reached for his hand. She led him upstairs to her bedroom and much to her surprise he obliged without any restraint.