Daddy Issues

"You look very pretty Miss Stanton." Stan complimented as Amelia got into the back seat of the black Mercedes.

"Thank you Stan." Amelia smiled politely before Stan shut the door and walked around to the driver's seat.

Amelia grinned to herself as the car drove out of her long driveway and onto the road towards the highway.

"You look pretty excited." Stan grinned as he noticed Amelia's wide smile.

"Well I haven't seen my dad in quite some time so you can say that I am." He answered cheerily.

"Does Mr. Stanton know you're coming?" Stan asked.

Amelia shook her head. "It's a surprise."

Stan simply nodded and the rest of the journey was quiet apart from the soft music playing. Amelia truly was happy to see her father; she was headed to his penthouse in the city – where her father spent his week days. She was attached to her father and being an only child she was also the apple of her father's eye. He gave her everything she desired without any questions and unlike Chantel her mother, Mr. Stanton barely ever yelled or scolded Amelia, she could get away with murder with him.

"Here we are." Stan said when they arrived. "What time shall I collect you?"

"You can go back, I'll try and get my dad to come back home with me or I'll just stay here and you can collect me in the morning." Amelia answered. "Thank you Stan, have a good evening." She smiled and got out of the car.

"Goodnight Miss Stanton." Stan said and drove off.

Amelia walked through the plush building doors and towards the elevator. With no time she was at the penthouse and rang the doorbell.

After two rings the housekeeper, Theresa opened the door with a pleasant smile. "Miss Stanton, it's been a while."

Amelia grinned at the plump lady in maybe her mid-fifties and walked in pass her.

"Is my dad home?" Amelia asked.

"Not yet dear, he should be back by nine the latest I assume." Theresa replied. "May I get you something in the meantime?"

Amelia shook her head. "No thanks."

"Call if you need anything." Theresa said and left the entrance room.

Amelia looked at her watch and saw it was only seven thirty, it might've been early but it was late for her dad to still be at the office, he normally arrived back around six thirty. Maybe he has a business meeting.

Not exactly knowing what to do with her free time, Amelia decided to go to the spare bedroom – namely hers and maybe watch TV to pass her time.

While watching TV time passed and when Amelia noticed the time it was after nine and her father still wasn't back home, she wondered where he could be. She doubted that a business meeting went on for so long unless it was with someone quite close, like Hugh's dad.

"Perhaps that idiot would know." Amelia murmured to herself and grabbed her phone off the bedside pedestal.

After a few rings Hugh answered. "Amelia, for what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Are our fathers together by any chance?" Amelia asked, getting straight to the point.

"The last I checked both of them were straight men and if we're wrong about that, I know for certain that my dad doesn't like mixing business with pleasure." Hugh teased.